FRAMING JOHN DELOREAN - ON VOD www.framingjohndeloreanfilm.com
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Walmart guy

My VIN:    0726

Walmart guy

I'm checking out at Walmart. The cashier is scanning my items and he sees my Delorean Hot Wheel cars. "Wow, these are cool", he says. I tell him, "yeah, I like them!". He then tells me how Deloreans are very rare and they only made 75,000 of them. And I smile and said, you mean around 9 thousand? And he got way too serious and said, "No, they made 75,000 of these, which is why they are so rare..." In my mind I wanted to tell him I own one and know a little about Deloreans but I didn't want to debate. He then proceeds to tell me they were made here in Minnesota...up North somewhere and they have wood bodies. I just stood there smiling and nodding...and then walked away. Good times at Walmart!

Later in the day I was driving my Delorean around town and saw ANOTHER DELOREAN. We have a good number of them here in Minnesota but i have never seen one while driving my own. It was a black one so I did a U turn and followed him but he got too far ahead of me. My guess is he didn't see me or he didn't want to talk to me about the 75,000 wood bodied Deloreans made here in MN.

My VIN:    2347

Unfortunately, I have had a similar experience. It wasn't at the Walmart though, it was at a car show.
    Everyone is tough through a keyboard

My VIN:    4877

Club(s):   (PNDC)

Just another reason NOT to go to walmart....
    Rob Depew
    Tacoma, Wa
    '81 DeLorean 4877 Grey, Auto, 4 wheels
    The Ressurection of 4877......
    Website
    YouTube
    My Patreon

My VIN:    VIN 5120

I experience those types of comments all of the time. My favorite was when some guy and his wife pulled into our subdivision and noticed I was outside and drove over to ask for directions. After I explained where he needed to go he noticed my D in the garage. He then proceeded to enlighten me on how many were made, about 20k and that they were made in California and how he used to work on them way back in the day. He said those V8's were the worst. I just politely smiled and said I have never had any issues with mine. "Have a good day Sir" and I walked back in the garage. You have to pick your battles with the public and these cars. Everyone is an expert.......but you.
    -Jeff

Ima have to remember that..i never had an issue with my delorean v8....hehe.

Really amazing the sheer volume of different stories and info you'll hear about them...

Surprisingly my neighbors (the one's who've noticed the delorean in the driveway) have all known a little more about them (correct too)...hehe
    Rob Depew
    Tacoma, Wa
    Website
    YouTube
    My Patreon

My VIN:    1983 canadian model

Wink

Quote Originally Posted by Lwanmtr View Post
    Just another reason NOT to go to walmart....
    Exactly !

But it generated a rather funny story thought

My VIN:    1983 canadian model

My wife keeps on going there though, and when I happen to be with her as a passenger, I either stay in the car, or go in and check for Delorean or lotus hotwheels. which I almost never found.

I avoid it like the plague...hehe
    Rob Depew
    Tacoma, Wa
    Website
    YouTube
    My Patreon

My VIN:    0726

at Lwanmtr, i notice your location says Tacoma, I grew up in Fircrest and lived in different areas of Tacoma before moving to Minnesota, how's T-Town?
    VIN 0726

My VIN:    07000

Quote Originally Posted by Lwanmtr View Post
    Ima have to remember that..i never had an issue with my delorean v8....hehe.
    Interestingly, mine with a Chevy Small Block 350 from a Corvette has hot start issues just like a stock DeLorean, and that's a common problem with the small block 350's.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast