FRAMING JOHN DELOREAN - ON VOD www.framingjohndeloreanfilm.com
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: POWER BRAKE KIT from Delorean EU

My VIN:    10625

POWER BRAKE KIT from Delorean EU

Anyone tried these or know what I can expect from it?

I've been wanting to do something with my breaks for a while, ideally I want my breaks to feel like my new Audi, I dont know if this kit will do that!?!

Seems interesting though.

What do you guys think?

http://www.delorean.eu/catalog/produ...ucts_id=168051
    1982 DMC-12, 2100 original miles, Stage ll, Euro-spec eibach suspension, 140 mph speedo.

My VIN:    2743

Club(s):   (SEDOC) (DCH) (DCUK) (DOC-UK)

Calling Farrar....
    Dermot
    VIN 2743, B/A, Frame 2227, engine 2320

I don't always drive cars, but when I do, I prefer DeLoreans

http://www.will-to-live.org

No-one is to stone anyone, even, and I want to make this absolutely clear, even if they do say "carburetor"

My VIN:    05927

BRAKES - Things that stop a car.

BREAKS - Fractures. May also mean a short time off of work.

Sorry, I had to do it. =)

My VIN:    10625

Haha sorry guys I didn't even realize it, I need to switch my spell check from Norwegian to English :P
    1982 DMC-12, 2100 original miles, Stage ll, Euro-spec eibach suspension, 140 mph speedo.

My VIN:    06201

Don't think they will feel any different, but I'm still considering the discs myself.

My VIN:    2743

Club(s):   (SEDOC) (DCH) (DCUK) (DOC-UK)

Quote Originally Posted by drdelorean View Post
    Haha sorry guys I didn't even realize it, I need to switch my spell check from Norwegian to English :P
    That's an excuse we can understand
    Dermot
    VIN 2743, B/A, Frame 2227, engine 2320

I don't always drive cars, but when I do, I prefer DeLoreans

http://www.will-to-live.org

No-one is to stone anyone, even, and I want to make this absolutely clear, even if they do say "carburetor"

My VIN:    03238 Grey & Black Hybrid - Auto - work in progress Former owner 10902 - Universal 93 Raffle Car

I believe the point with this is that while the brakes may not feel too different (better stopping power if you have the skill to coax it out) in normal driving, but that you can drive hard and fast without overheating the brakes. If you go to the track or occasionally drive like you do, this would help significantly.

To a degree you can make some improvement with performance brake pads, but this system would be a vast improvement over that.

In my experience you can lock up the brakes and skid just fine with the standard brakes, so it takes some skill to get better performance out of the system if your worried about one quick fast stop. Now if you need to be on the brakes constantly - this is the ticket.

My VIN:    5462

Club(s):   (DCH)

Quote Originally Posted by TTait View Post
    I believe the point with this is that while the brakes may not feel too different (better stopping power if you have the skill to coax it out) in normal driving, but that you can drive hard and fast without overheating the brakes. If you go to the track or occasionally drive like you do, this would help significantly.

To a degree you can make some improvement with performance brake pads, but this system would be a vast improvement over that.

In my experience you can lock up the brakes and skid just fine with the standard brakes, so it takes some skill to get better performance out of the system if your worried about one quick fast stop. Now if you need to be on the brakes constantly - this is the ticket.
    +1 on that, if you can lock up the wheels then the brakes have done all they can do, after all tyres are just as important.

New brake lines which don't bulge when you stand on the pedal, and a full fluid change will no doubt help the feal of the brakes and certainly reduce the spongy feel associated with such items.

I find that even braking from speed ~70mph along a slip road can get the brakes to their limit of their heat tolerance with a decidedly 'looser' feal if I need to repeat heavy braking within another 20seconds or so, I'm sure Ed's setup and good pads would help with that.

I would also say that Ed's set up seems very good value to me.

J

My VIN:    #15768 EX #4584

Club(s):   (DOC-UK)

It would be interesting to see a bit more detail on the kit (more really the calipers) if they are just stock but altered to fit the wider discs or if they are larger calipers to help with braking. Either way I don't think that it's a bad price when you add the cost of two new calipers and a set of discs, it's not a huge amount more than a new cost for stock set up.
    Chris
    Chris Williams #15768 Back on the road after 14 years. Ex#4584
    Worldwide DeLorean Owners Club: www.deloreans.co.uk Full colour DeLorean magazine shipped worldwide.
    DeLorean Essential Buyers Guide: http://deloreans.co.uk/product/delor...-buyers-guide/

My VIN:    5462

Club(s):   (DCH)

Quote Originally Posted by chris williams View Post
    It would be interesting to see a bit more detail on the kit (more really the calipers) if they are just stock but altered to fit the wider discs or if they are larger calipers to help with braking. Either way I don't think that it's a bad price when you add the cost of two new calipers and a set of discs, it's not a huge amount more than a new cost for stock set up.
    Chris
    They are stock calipers but with a spacer to allow for the width of the wider vented disc.

In fact I just noticed you can just buy the discs and spacer set, see here:
    http://www.deloreanclub.uk/vented-fr...rakes-kit.html

Coupled to a calipers seal refurb kit, for about an extra £5, and you've got a pretty decent set up for not much £££

J

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast