FRAMING JOHN DELOREAN - ON VOD www.framingjohndeloreanfilm.com
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: POWER BRAKE KIT from Delorean EU

My VIN:    #15768 EX #4584

Club(s):   (DOC-UK)

Hi James
    Yes I don't disagree with you (see above post) when you compare what the items cost new it's not a bad price at all. I'm not in the market myself at the moment as my discs/calipers are all new and under 3 years old but it's something to look at if your about to change or replace these parts.
    Chris
    Chris Williams #15768 Back on the road after 14 years. Ex#4584
    Worldwide DeLorean Owners Club: www.deloreans.co.uk Full colour DeLorean magazine shipped worldwide.
    DeLorean Essential Buyers Guide: http://deloreans.co.uk/product/delor...-buyers-guide/

My VIN:    5462

Club(s):   (DCH)

Quote Originally Posted by chris williams View Post
    Hi James
    Yes I don't disagree with you (see above post) when you compare what the items cost new it's not a bad price at all. I'm not in the market myself at the moment as my discs/calipers are all new and under 3 years old but it's something to look at if your about to change or replace these parts.
    Chris

I think I'll go for these, I have a big front end overhaul planned for the winter which will include new discs.

J

My VIN:    10625

Cool! It will be most interesting to hear what your thoughts are on them when you get to try them out
    1982 DMC-12, 2100 original miles, Stage ll, Euro-spec eibach suspension, 140 mph speedo.

My VIN:    4018

Club(s):   (PNDC)

Vented disc brakes

I've got a front end overhaul myself. Just ordered these exact discs you are talking about. They come with spacers for the calipers. It looks like a straight forward install.

20160306_201409.jpg

Got ahold of some LCA braces and some poly bushings as well. All total about 567 GBP or $820 USD. Fast shipping! I ordered on the 1st and got them by the 4th! I'll need to box the LCA's first.

Gary

My VIN:    10625

Cool! Let us know how it turns out
    1982 DMC-12, 2100 original miles, Stage ll, Euro-spec eibach suspension, 140 mph speedo.

My VIN:    5462

Club(s):   (DCH)

Quote Originally Posted by Gary View Post
    I've got a front end overhaul myself. Just ordered these exact discs you are talking about. They come with spacers for the calipers. It looks like a straight forward install.

20160306_201409.jpg

Got ahold of some LCA braces and some poly bushings as well. All total about 567 GBP or $820 USD. Fast shipping! I ordered on the 1st and got them by the 4th! I'll need to box the LCA's first.

Gary
    I've just installed everything in your picture and more, obviously you need to get the car tracked after installation as the firmer bushes and LCA brackets will likely put the alignment out.

When I first put the LCA supports on with all new bushes and control arms the car wandered all over the place - I was always planning to get the tracking done after the overhaul - but when I did about a week later I was quite surprised how far out everything was.

Onto the tracker and the fronts were 2degrees out on one side and 1.5 on the other, needless to say after that was sorted it drives very nicely.

J

My VIN:    4018

Club(s):   (PNDC)

Too many projects going on right now. My car is still up on jack stands. I hope to get it back on the road soon. I was thinking of boxing the lower control arms. Not sure if its really necessary. It's not like I drive the car hard.

Gary

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2