FRAMING JOHN DELOREAN - ON VOD www.framingjohndeloreanfilm.com

Thread: DeLorean Club UK Parts Store - shipping worldwide

DeLorean Club UK DeLoreanGo Arran's Avatar

My VIN:    1764

Club(s):   (DCH)

DeLorean Club UK Parts Store - shipping worldwide

Many of you already know about us - we ship many exclusive parts around the world. Earlier this year our website had a revamp, and we've increased our stock holding to now nearly 500 parts when they all get listed up. Much of it is parts from Ed at DeLorean Europe which we stock in the UK to speed up shipping to the UK and Ireland, but we also have about 150 low-priced parts that are sourced or made by or for us. You've all heard about our lower ball joints - now sold by nearly every vendor in the world. We also stock Julian's stainless engine cover grilles and more, including the exclusive new black coated stainless fuel lines.
    Just today we took delivery of 20 one-piece long speedo cables (combines the two speedo cables) - made in the UK.

All of our items have reasonable and fast worldwide shipping, you pay no tax, and you pay in your local currency. Shipping times to the US vary by service chosen, but start at 3 days (although faster is available if needed!)

More parts coming soon! Take a look here: http://www.deloreanclub.uk/parts/del...lub-parts.html

My VIN:    5436

Club(s):   (DOA) (DCUK) (DOC-UK)

Quote Originally Posted by arranj View Post
    Many of you already know about us - we ship many exclusive parts around the world. Earlier this year our website had a revamp, and we've increased our stock holding to now nearly 500 parts when they all get listed up. Much of it is parts from Ed at DeLorean Europe which we stock in the UK to speed up shipping to the UK and Ireland, but we also have about 150 low-priced parts that are sourced or made by or for us. You've all heard about our lower ball joints - now sold by nearly every vendor in the world. We also stock Julian's stainless engine cover grilles and more, including the exclusive new black coated stainless fuel lines.
    Just today we took delivery of 20 one-piece long speedo cables (combines the two speedo cables) - made in the UK.

All of our items have reasonable and fast worldwide shipping, you pay no tax, and you pay in your local currency. Shipping times to the US vary by service chosen, but start at 3 days (although faster is available if needed!)

More parts coming soon! Take a look here: http://www.deloreanclub.uk/parts/del...lub-parts.html

Arran have you guys got the new DMCH combo sender unit perchance?
    - Martin - VIN 5436 -

We did have one over from Ed in June, but it sold. I could get another from Ed on our upcoming delivery but would probably be little difference in price for you to get it shipped direct from Ed, assuming it's going to the Republic. I'm assuming also Ed has one in stock: http://www.delorean.eu/catalog/produ...ucts_id=157003

My VIN:    5436

Club(s):   (DOA) (DCUK) (DOC-UK)

Ahh, that's ok Arran. I'll probably order from him then. Do you know offhand if he has the latest revision with the external valve?
    - Martin - VIN 5436 -

Can't say that I know to be honest, but i'd have thought if you email him he probably would have if you ask.

My VIN:    3937

One piece speedo cable feedback

Just wanted to leave some feedback on the one-piece speedo cable offered by DMC UK.

I haven't had a great deal of luck with my car in the years I've had it regarding the speedo/odo. I had replaced portions on more than one occasion and yet it still kept failing. Sometimes it would last the season, other times it would only last to the end of the street. I had never replaced the upper speedo cable though. Multiple angle drives, dust caps and lower cables. I had removed the guts from the Lambda counter as well. At one point I also replaced the snapped off trip reset shaft.

Everything arrived at my door by the end of the week after ordering online. Exchange rates are still not ideal for shopping with Canadian dollars, but that's the case anywhere over the border. New one piece speedo cable, dust cap, angle drive (with removable cable) and new adapter nut.

Everything went in well (from practice I guess!) and yet I think giving some extra attention to the routing of the cable in what would have been the area for the upper cable really helped. Getting up in there with the seat removed, blanket to lie on to make it easier on your back, and removing completely the air duct let me see much better any spots that might have been previously pinching the cable. It is really a busy area with the wiper relay bracket and other things but once you get a good view of it and put things up in there securely and neatly, it fits pretty well.

Can't say for certain that an upper cable getting pinched was the problem all along, but it might have been contributing. So far so good and my speedo and odo are spinning as they should. Trip meter counts as it should also. I'm not big on jinxing myself saying it is working as the big bad Black Swan could still come along and show me otherwise.

I'll update perhaps from time to time, but at least for now, and while the weather has been beautiful here in November, it has been really great driving the car and seeing the speedo working. It really was always a gauge that bothered me when it didn't work. Not for resale or speeding tickets or anything. Just because I like it for the comforting factor of knowing it helps tell you when other areas might be a problem (fuel mileage, etc.)

IMG_1887.jpg

Sept. 81, auto, black interior