FRAMING JOHN DELOREAN - ON VOD www.framingjohndeloreanfilm.com

Thread: JZD's Mansion 9/27/15

My VIN:    10757 1st place Concourse 1998

JZD's Mansion 9/27/15

I am posting some recent pix of JZD's mansion. I was there for Eric Trump's charity event.IMG_0381.jpgIMG_0380.jpgIMG_0379.jpgIMG_0377.jpgIMG_0378.jpgIMG_0382.jpgIMG_0383.jpg
    David Teitelbaum

My VIN:    5482

That's cool. I didn't know JZD's old casa was part of a Trump Golf Course now. I played at Trump National Doral in Miami last May. I really enjoyed it! Thanks for sharing the pics.
    Jeff

My VIN:    5302

Club(s):   (SEDOC) (DCUK)

The picture on the wall by the bar -- LOL!
    Derek L
    VIN 5302

My VIN:    10287

Club(s):   (DMA)

Quote Originally Posted by DL4567 View Post
    What is it with wealthy people adorning walls with their portraits? Compensation?
    Nick A.

1988 BMW 325is
    1982 DeLorean DMC-12
    1989 Jaguar XJ6

Quote Originally Posted by DL4567 View Post
    For those of us who were fortunate to have been there before Trump got his hands on it, when we last saw it, the mansion was in need of a LOT of TLC. The stairway had that wonderful green carpet that was a Pontiac color. The library with it's secret door is gone. The bar was interesting and there are pictures of "The Donald" and plaques to him all over. At the time the bankruptcy court took the place away from JZD it was the largest private holding of land in the State of New Jersey, at 454 acres. Admittedly it needed a LOT of money to fix it up, along with some environmental problems that were being attended to. The main road going in was all full of potholes back then, but now it is beautiful. So is the gate house in front. One of the garages was torn down and is now the Lady's locker room and the other across from it is the Pro shop. The golf course is very nice. To the far side is a U shaped building that is like a small hotel with the pool in the center courtyard. All very nice now. Trump only puts his name on nice stuff. The golf course in NJ is called the "National" and the one in FL is called the "International" . Ed Russo, the former caretaker for JZD is now in Florida but comes back occasionally to NJ. On another subject, I spoke to a few "locals" at the show and they said they see Sally often. She still lives in the area and now has a new "significant other" named Kirk. Supposed to be a very nice guy.
    David Teitelbaum

My VIN:    5482

Quote Originally Posted by David T View Post
    The golf course in NJ is called the "National" and the one in FL is called the "International" . Ed Russo, the former caretaker for JZD is now in Florida but comes back occasionally to NJ.
    Not sure which one in Florida you're referencing but the one I played at in Miami was also called "Trump National". See pic below.

IMG_0333.jpg
    Jeff

My VIN:    0726

is there where JZD was living at the time of his death, or did he lose this place while he was still living. Pretty sad
    VIN 0726

He lost it before he passed. He was living in the area when he had a stroke and then lived in an assisted living center for a short time. By that time he really couldn't afford the place and it had been neglected for a long time. If he had managed to hold on to it he might have been able to either sell off a portion or refinance it and develop it himself. In any case he lost control and a golf resort bought it to develop it and went broke. That's when a consortium led by Trump bought it and developed it. It would be nice if they put up a plaque to commemorate JZD though. Maybe we could all chip in to have one made and ask if we could have it placed in the mansion. I also tried to have one made and placed where the QAC was in Bridgewater on RT 202 but no one wanted to do it. I have a contact who would get us the permission for that. The buildings that were there are all gone but there is an office building on that site and it would be nice in the lobby.
    David Teitelbaum