FRAMING JOHN DELOREAN - ON VOD www.framingjohndeloreanfilm.com

Thread: Parcel Shelf height

My VIN:    3060

Parcel Shelf height

I won't be with my car again until next weekend. I was just curious if someone could take a quick measurement for me. What is the height between the parcel shelf and the ceiling above it? I am trying to plan out a project and forgot to take the measurement when I was with the car.

Thanks, guys.

My VIN:    0934

Club(s):   (NCDMC) (DCUK)

It's not clear which dimension you need.

The parcel shelf is not parallel to the interior roof panel front-to-back and the roof panels taper downwards from the centerline toward each side.

For starters it's 21 inches from top of carpeted shelf panel to center of headliner panel directly above.
    Moving back to the middle of the parcel shelf it's 20 inches to the rear of the headliner panel. From there back on the parcel shelf there is the rear window, etc.
    Moving to sides from centerline of parcel shelf things change.

This is not about the raised ledge or ridge that's in front of the parcel shelf.
    March '81, 5-speed, black interior

My VIN:    3060

Well, the idea is I am trying to figure out if I could fit a CO2 tank there for use in my BTTF DeLorean. I am thinking I could get a few 5 lb tanks sitting vertically on the parcel shelf. I will have to take more measurements next weekend when I am at the car. Thanks for the info, though.