FRAMING JOHN DELOREAN - ON VOD www.framingjohndeloreanfilm.com
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3

Thread: Idle issue... Starts at about 1500, then up to around 2500.

My VIN:    SCEDT26T4DD016387

Club(s):   (DOA) (NCDMC) (DCUK)

Quote Originally Posted by PJ Grady Inc. View Post
    1983 Deloreans that were delivered through the east coast prep center in Sommerville N.J. came undercoated with the same smooth finish as this alternator. It is probably the original alternator on the car if the chassis is undercoated too so it may be time for a new one.
    Rob
    Well... I'm a big believer in "if it works, don't fix it"...and, apparently, my geriatric alternator still works; I just had the gauge lead on the wrong post (the one opposite the correct one).

Started her up just now, after correcting that and she started right up and the battery light is off.

Now, if I could only get the cassette player repaired so I can use my bluetooth cassette device to connect my iPhone to the stock (not Craig) radio.

My VIN:    5180

Club(s):   (DMWC) (DCUK)

I'm glad you got it straightened out and working.
    DENNIS

VIN 5180, Frame 3652, STAGE II​, DM-eng Solid State Solutions (RPM Rly, Dm.Lt.Mod., Fan Fail Mod. , FAN Rly, HS.Rly) , HID headlights, SPAX user since 2009, Eibach springs, M Adj. Rear LCA's, DPNW poly-sway bar kit, DMCEU LCA Stabilizer link kit, DMCMW Illuminated door sills, Aussie Illuminated SS Shifter plate, REAL MOMO EVO Steering wheel, DELOREANA Extended View Side Mirrors w/ Heaters, DELOREANA LED Door Lights.

My VIN:    005058 000927

Club(s):   (AZ-D) (DMA) (DOA) (DCUK)

Quote Originally Posted by MacinTek View Post
    Well... I'm a big believer in "if it works, don't fix it"...and, apparently, my geriatric alternator still works; I just had the gauge lead on the wrong post (the one opposite the correct one).

Started her up just now, after correcting that and she started right up and the battery light is off.

Now, if I could only get the cassette player repaired so I can use my bluetooth cassette device to connect my iPhone to the stock (not Craig) radio.
    Yes that would do it for sure. As long as a Motorola is working there is no reason to change it. They are pretty good alternator's especially when comparing them to "The Ducellier".
    Your last request is a tough one. I just asked my electrical engineer buddy to casually check on an external interface option as the internal technology just doesn't exist to do it.
    Rob

There is someone on here that has successfully added an auxiliary audio input jack to the Craig unit. There might even be a how-to right up on it. I also seem to recall him offering to do the modification to your unit for a nominal charge.

Dennis
    DENNIS

VIN 5180, Frame 3652, STAGE II​, DM-eng Solid State Solutions (RPM Rly, Dm.Lt.Mod., Fan Fail Mod. , FAN Rly, HS.Rly) , HID headlights, SPAX user since 2009, Eibach springs, M Adj. Rear LCA's, DPNW poly-sway bar kit, DMCEU LCA Stabilizer link kit, DMCMW Illuminated door sills, Aussie Illuminated SS Shifter plate, REAL MOMO EVO Steering wheel, DELOREANA Extended View Side Mirrors w/ Heaters, DELOREANA LED Door Lights.

Idle issue... Starts at about 1500, then up to around 2500.

Dennis. Unintended post that I can't seem to delete via tapatalk.
    Last edited by DMC5180; 10-02-2015 at 06:34 PM.
    DENNIS

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3