FRAMING JOHN DELOREAN - ON VOD www.framingjohndeloreanfilm.com
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: VIN03922 - Black interior - auto - 30k miles - BC, Canada - $35k USD

baldwinsusa
    To sell my completely refurbished DeLorean (by DMC California) in 2011 when I received orders to Europe, I humbly admit I took a $4k hit just to save myself further logistical problems by storing it with a friend, etc. Every car is different though, so its hard to say what the price "should" be. I tell people a thing is worth whatever someone is willing to pay for it. I was happy mine went to a great owner, and I still keep in touch. If its a must sell then I recommend you do some of the options suggested on this chain already, and I agree the distance may be an issue. Good luck. Also, I know we are discouraged from commenting on for sales if we aren't interested per say but you have asked some other questions. Cheers.

DMC Midwest - 815.459.6439 DMCMW Dave's Avatar

My VIN:    (former)05429

Club(s):   (DMWC) (DCUK)

Location is a big deal on the higher-dollar cars. Folks will take a chance on a sight-unseen 15K car, but not on a 30K+ car. They will want to see it, so it helps if you are in a populated area and/or near a major airport.

Also to folks in the US the process of importing from Canada can seem to be an issue.

You might do better if Toby would consign it from the shop there.
    Dave S
    DMC Midwest - retired but helping
    Greenville SC

Club(s):   (PNDC)

Quote Originally Posted by DMCMW Dave View Post

You might do better if Toby would consign it from the shop there.
    Thank you Dave. I already started to put this idea into his head but I will follow up with him next week. He was quite busy (like usually).
    - Volker Seidel -

The way I see it, if you're gonna drive around in a car, why not do it with some style?

My VIN:    looking...

I'll say this.. I'm in the southern Midwest-US. I'd KILL for this car, but the logistics are too great for me. I can afford the car, no problem, but the hassle of viewing the car in person (no passport, so cant come to it for like 6 months+) plus the hassle of getting it legally into the US, Plus the hassle of either driving it (not a chance) all the way to Oklahoma, or having it transported that far $$$$$...

In my world, it would be wiser to find one thats been setting neglected and to start the process over than to buy a finished one. The day may come eventually when the parts arent there, the neglect is too much... that the import process becomes worth it.

I wish you the best of luck, as suggested try autotrader, maybe even ebay.

Quote Originally Posted by OkieTV View Post
    I'll say this.. I'm in the southern Midwest-US. I'd KILL for this car, but the logistics are too great for me. I can afford the car, no problem, but the hassle of viewing the car in person (no passport, so cant come to it for like 6 months+) plus the hassle of getting it legally into the US, Plus the hassle of either driving it (not a chance) all the way to Oklahoma, or having it transported that far $$$$$...

In my world, it would be wiser to find one thats been setting neglected and to start the process over than to buy a finished one. The day may come eventually when the parts arent there, the neglect is too much... that the import process becomes worth it.

I wish you the best of luck, as suggested try autotrader, maybe even ebay.
    Thanks! I went to DMCNW and talked to Toby and he will take it in consignment to make it easier for folks from the US to see. Dave (sdg3205) sold his last project to San Diego and told me that the logistics to transfer the car to the US are not that big of a deal (please chime in, Dave, if you wish).

I will try it on Autotrader for a few weeks and then bring it to Toby. I like that idea very much.

I just got contact ed by a potential buyer, but I have to first see if this contact is just a bot trying to get my contacts or somebody seriously interested. I'll keep y'all posted!And thanks for the tips!
    - Volker Seidel -

The way I see it, if you're gonna drive around in a car, why not do it with some style?

One of those purists you keep hearing about. sdg3205's Avatar

My VIN:    thirty two 'o five

Yes, the import/export process always seems daunting but is really quite straight forward. If you use a shipper, they organize everything for you.

I don't know why, but when you IMPORT a car to the USA they KEEP all the paperwork, so if you send over originals, they keep the originals. So make copies to give to the import office.
    Dave

Here, somewhere.

My VIN:    5823

Club(s):   (DCH)

Volker,
    I agree with others, take the car to the usa and sell it in consignment with somebody you trust.
    There is nothing to it, i have bought 2 cars and a farm tractor in the usa and the paper work is easy.
    For some reason people don't want to buy or sell a car outside the usa. They assume it is difficult i gues.
    This is way i still havent found a delorean in the usa to ship home to europe. Missed out on a great stage 2 car last week, was making shipping arrangment when somebody with cash in hand showed up and bought it.
    Cant blame the seller, cash talks. But good deloreans sell very fast.
    Would have been interested in your car but it is as you know over my 25 k budget!

This thread can be closed. The car got sold to a happy new owner in Ontario. His name is Michael (fuzzyfruit) and I leave it up to him to introduce himself as soon as he gets the car.

Thank you all for helping me over the past two years! You all have been a great help and an awesome crowd!

I will still look into the forum from time to time but not that often.

Please help Michael the same way like you help all the new owners on this forum. You guys rock!
    - Volker Seidel -

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2