FRAMING JOHN DELOREAN - ON VOD www.framingjohndeloreanfilm.com
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3

Thread: Idle Speed Motor Question - Rough Idle and Hesitation on Acceleration

Club(s):   (SEDOC) (DCUK)

+1 especially to do ASAP!

Only A Gibson Is Good Enough DeLorean937's Avatar

My VIN:    5712 - Ace Frehley's DMC

Club(s):   (DCF)

So I looked everything over and it drives and shifts perfect .. that is until I get on the highway. There's no problem with shifting, but when I get on the highway and up to speed it's fine, but when I slow down on the off ramp to a compete stop it wants to die and has no power. Almost like it goes out of adjustment each time. I power the car off and leave it and restart a few times it gets better and back to driving perfect in the city. Would the ISM motor hang open or anything? Any ideas?

My VIN:    005058 000927

Club(s):   (AZ-D) (DMA) (DOA) (DCUK)

Quote Originally Posted by DeLorean937 View Post
    So I looked everything over and it drives and shifts perfect .. that is until I get on the highway. There's no problem with shifting, but when I get on the highway and up to speed it's fine, but when I slow down on the off ramp to a compete stop it wants to die and has no power. Almost like it goes out of adjustment each time. I power the car off and leave it and restart a few times it gets better and back to driving perfect in the city. Would the ISM motor hang open or anything? Any ideas?
    The symptoms you describe seem to change drasticaly with each post which tends to skew any advice all over the map! This is a car with multiple issues perhaps? If you haven't already been there it's time for a peak into your fuel tank to look for trouble.
    Rob

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3