FRAMING JOHN DELOREAN - ON VOD www.framingjohndeloreanfilm.com

Thread: Passenger side window off track

My VIN:    2647

Passenger side window off track

It's been ages since I logged on here but I have been getting back to working on my car.

The problem of today is that the passenger side window is out of the car due to it slipping off the guides during the installation of the new window regulator.

I am trying my best to get it back in place, but failing left and right. Really in need of a tip or two to get this problem fixed.

My VIN:    005058 000927

Club(s):   (AZ-D) (DMA) (DOA) (DCUK)

Quote Originally Posted by sztybel View Post
    It's been ages since I logged on here but I have been getting back to working on my car.

The problem of today is that the passenger side window is out of the car due to it slipping off the guides during the installation of the new window regulator.

I am trying my best to get it back in place, but failing left and right. Really in need of a tip or two to get this problem fixed.
    Really Chris..."blood of my blood"!!!! Don't you think it looks pretty silly for a guy who signs on with the P.J.Grady logo to be asking simple tech questions on the forum? You have my #. Give me a call and I'll walk you through it good buddy!
    Rob

P.S. When I grow up I want an avatar just like your's. Now that's classy!!!

My VIN:    3937

I struggled mightily with getting my passenger side piece of glass back in. I wrote about it here.

http://dmctalk.org/showthread.php?11...h-window-glass

Ultimately I needed to pretty much loosen everything inside the door right off, get the piece of glass on the guides while in the door and THEN tighten things back up. Not ideal, but didn't find any other way to get it done.

Sept. 81, auto, black interior

Chris sent me some pics of his door and the rear track mtg brkt is bent so he needs to R&R it and straighten the brkt. That should fix the problem.
    Rob

My VIN:    #1283

Club(s):   (SCDC) (DCUK)

Quote Originally Posted by PJ Grady Inc. View Post
    Really Chris..."blood of my blood"!!!! Don't you think it looks pretty silly for a guy who signs on with the P.J.Grady logo to be asking simple tech questions on the forum? You have my #. Give me a call and I'll walk you through it good buddy!
    Rob

P.S. When I grow up I want an avatar just like your's. Now that's classy!!!
    What happened to poor ol' Chris....? I hope you didn't shame him off of the forum, Rob

Quote Originally Posted by Henrik View Post
    What happened to poor ol' Chris....? I hope you didn't shame him off of the forum, Rob
    No he's fine Henrik but now that we know the probable cause of the problem I guess he's laying low. Where was that picture of me taken anyway?
    Rob

My VIN:    2647

I have no shame, so it'd be hard to shame me off the forum. Ha ha!

Yes Rob and I spoke about the problem last night. I trust he knows what he's talking about regarding the bent bracket. Honestly I didn't know what the problem was when the window came off the tracks, but I do know NOTHING on that car has been as difficult to work on since buying it almost 10 years ago. It's a terrible, terrible design and flawed area of the car. I wore gloves and still managed to dice a few of my fingers.

I guess I will take the opportunity to also replace the interior felt pieces that have disintegrated. Last thing I need is a newly seated window scratching against the interior of the door.

Quote Originally Posted by PJ Grady Inc. View Post
    Where was that picture of me taken anyway? Rob
    Someone must have snuck into your office...
    aw jeez.jpg

I wore gloves and still managed to dice a few of my fingers.
    I agree. Working on doors => Bleeding hands and tons of back pain