FRAMING JOHN DELOREAN - ON VOD www.framingjohndeloreanfilm.com
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4

Thread: Custom painted D for John DeLoreans brother?

My VIN:    2743

Club(s):   (SEDOC) (DCH) (DCUK) (DOC-UK)

click on the link Domi, there are several more there, until the add disappears.

I think it's 10540
    Dermot
    VIN 2743, B/A, Frame 2227, engine 2320

I don't always drive cars, but when I do, I prefer DeLoreans

http://www.will-to-live.org

No-one is to stone anyone, even, and I want to make this absolutely clear, even if they do say "carburetor"

My VIN:    16951

Club(s):   (DCO) (DOA) (DCUK)

Yes I did, but you know I like pictures, a few more would be great
    Thanks for the VIN information

My VIN:    1710

Cool

Gotta love that we are in a world now where people ask $30,000 for a non-running painted DeLorean.
    Louie Golden

My VIN:    3452

Looks like it needs also torsion bars or doors struts...

My VIN:    Between VINs

Custom painted in Black & Tan 'from the factory' but it has gray interior?

No accounting for taste I guess.

My VIN:    10540

I recently got ahold of this car and am in the process of getting it back on the road. I was not aware that this car may have belonged to John Delorean's brother, in till after we already had it. It did come with the original window sticker from Delorean Cadillac. There was also a letterhead from the dealership that had listed all the paints used on the car. There was also a poster and information sheets that one of the previous owners displayed on the car, while at shows, stating that it belonged to, and was custom painted for JZD's brother. This does not necessarily prove it was John Delorean's brothers personal car, but it seems weird someone would advertise that, if it were not true.

Though its not a deal breaker for me, I would like to authenticate the prior ownership. If anyone knows any other information on this cars history, or could point me in the right direction, it would be greatly appreciated.

My VIN:    1710

DeLorean Cadillac simply painted dozens of DeLoreans in order to sell them. You'll see all sorts of interesting color and stripe combinations in those cars. To the best of my knowledge they only belonged to Charles DeLorean in the aspect that they were part of his dealership inventory.

Here are examples of some of his painted DeLorean creations:

Louie Golden

Nothing witty here lest it offend

Quote Originally Posted by David T View Post
    To the best of our knowledge DMC never built a painted Delorean. They DID experiment with paint though. There is a test panel that DMCH has with several different colors on it. Future plans were to offer a program where you would go to a dealer and they would exchange your panels for others of a different color. That way, if you got tired of your car you could change it to a different color quickly, all of the panels can be changed because they are all bolted on, none are welded like most cars. Deloreans got painted 2 ways. When DMC went under and many dealers had them on their lots, they thought they could sell them faster if they were painted, like other cars. The other way was if a panel was damaged (for a while after DMC failed replacement parts were not available) the body shop fixed the damage with Bondo and painted the whole car to cover it up. Don't forget the 3 AMEX cars (actually 2 and the parts for a 3rd) that were gold plated!
    We're learning new things all the time, though. It looks as though some cars were designated for paint by contractors once they reached QAC.

My VIN:    10350 & 2083 SEARCHING FOR VIN#16664

Club(s):   (DMCNE)

Blue one is mine, 10350, and is now back to her stainless glory!
    ---------------------------------
    SEARCHING FOR VIN #16664
    ---------------------------------

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4