FRAMING JOHN DELOREAN - ON VOD www.framingjohndeloreanfilm.com
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: New DeLorean buyer

New DeLorean buyer

New DeLorean buyer

Hello all, please forgive the obvious new questions but I am newly interested in purchasing a DeLorean and I've a great deal of questions. I've always been fascinated by the DeLorean both by the myth and style but now I am finally at a point my life where I can afford to buy a quality model. I've spoken to the DMC dealerships to get as much information as I can, however, at the end of the day they're still used car salesman and I have to take what they say with a grain of salt.

I am familiar with the basic history of the DeLorean , Production started in 1981 and ran towards 1983. There were no true model years and the factory simple made minor changes as parts progressed there are significant difference the early 1981s in the late 1983's but there are no defining characteristics to separate one from the other. Of course I know about the all stainless steel construction gull wing doors etc. etc.

What I would really like to know are you intangibles that you're not easily available online or unknown as common knowledge.

I would very much like to purchase myself a DeLorean but I'm not quite sure where to start. Do I purchase an already restored DeLorean from DMC? Do I buy a used to Delorean from a private seller and then have a restored or is there some other option that I have anything thought ouf. I am looking for a five speed manual. My priorities are appearance and mechanical functionality, mileage and originality are not high on priority list as long it runs and does not become a money pit and I really have no idea what a reasonable priceis from where to start off. Again, originality is not high on my priority list so any "cool "upgrades would be something right up my alley.

My budget is somewhere between $40,000 and $70,000. I knew that is a huge range but I would much rather wait some time to have an example that I am proud of as opposed to settling for something just because I can afford it now.

Please feel free to contact me with any questions comments or answers and I would be greatly appreciated Thank you very much. BTW, I am in the Ohio area about 45 min west of Pittsburg.

My VIN:    10757 1st place Concourse 1998

With a budget like that you should just go to one of the Delorean vendors and see what they have in inventory. That way you will be buying a good car that should be reliable and clean. You may pay a little more but at least you will know what you are getting. If you buy privately and don't know what to look for you WILL overpay and get something less than you expected. One way to educate yourself is to get James Espey's book. BTW $40K should get you a very nice, clean reliable car. In fact you could probably get one for less.
    David Teitelbaum

President, DeLorean Industries

My VIN:    5646,5080, 5880, 10234, 3639, 2518, 10586, 1538

Contact us directly Scott. We specialize I what you are looking for. Also the only company in the world innovating and updating the car while properly maintaining the nostalgic aspects.
    www.deloreanindustries.com Every Detail Matters

My VIN:    10644

Quote Originally Posted by DPI JOSH View Post
    Also the only company in the world innovating and updating the car while properly maintaining the nostalgic aspects.
    Is that really true?

President, DeLorean Industries

My VIN:    5646,5080, 5880, 10234, 3639, 2518, 10586, 1538

Quote Originally Posted by BladeBronson View Post
    Is that really true?
    Yes. You won't find anyone else doing what we do. Simply put we have engineered and continue to manufacture more and more of the car every day. Everyone else depends on nos resources as a primary stop gap.
    Last edited by Delorean Industries; 11-16-2015 at 12:39 AM.
    www.deloreanindustries.com Every Detail Matters

My VIN:    10644

Ah, cool. I just bought a DeLorean that has the Stage IIengine, cruise control, and taillight boards that you innovated. I also just installed an updated angle drive on it, so thanks for that too.

Quote Originally Posted by DPI JOSH View Post
    Contact us directly Scott. We specialize I what you are looking for. Also the only company in the world innovating and updating the car while properly maintaining the nostalgic aspects.

Does anyone else have any experience eith this company? I've never heard of them before. I spoke with the owner last night and he was very helpful. He had all the right things to say but, if you will forgive the pun, buyer bewhere. Any info you could give me would be helpful. Especially if you have pictures and or have worked with them as well as DMC. Thanks!

My VIN:    2347

He is legit...
    Everyone is tough through a keyboard

Josh at DPI is first class. He's done a bunch of work on my car and I can't recommend him more highly.

http://dmctalk.org/showthread.php?99...rking-With-DPI
    Last edited by Ikeaboy1; 11-16-2015 at 08:41 AM.

My VIN:    005058 000927

Club(s):   (AZ-D) (DMA) (DOA) (DCUK)

Quote Originally Posted by BladeBronson View Post
    Ah, cool. I just bought a DeLorean that has the Stage IIengine, cruise control, and taillight boards that you innovated. I also just installed an updated angle drive on it, so thanks for that too.
    Ah...I thought the boards were our innovation as we've been making them since 1990. We also have several cars available in various price ranges.
    Rob Grady

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast