FRAMING JOHN DELOREAN - ON VOD www.framingjohndeloreanfilm.com

Thread: Save the Date - UC Davis Picnic Day 2016

My friends think I'm nuts jawn101's Avatar

My VIN:    02100

Club(s):   (NCDMC) (DCUK)

Lightbulb Save the Date - UC Davis Picnic Day 2016

Everyone -

No formal planning has been done on my part yet, but I just got the welcome email for the UC Davis 2016 Picnic Day. This will be the 102nd Picnic Day, on Saturday April 16th.

Save the date so you can be sure to come out and join the fun! I am really hoping we can get to my long time (has it really been 5 years already?) goal of 10 cars. We are the highlight of the parade and it’s a super fun and relaxing day.

I also posted this to the NCDMC mailing list, but please feel free to pass this on to any owners I might have missed. Also, absolutely feel free to ask any questions you might have here if you're a first timer!
    Jon
    1981 DMC-12 #02100. July 1981. 5-speed, black, grooved w/flap.
    restoration log, March 2011 to present
    full and detailed photo restoration log

OK, everyone - it's time!

I just got notified that we have again been accepted to participate in the UC Davis Picnic Day parade. Many of you have driven in this even before and already know how much fun it is, but I’m really hoping this year will be our biggest turnout yet. I’ve had a goal of 10 cars for the 6 years that I’ve been organizing the event, and while we’ve come close we haven’t made it yet.

The event is a typical parade-style drive, at a snail’s pace - but all through the UCD campus and downtown Davis, with a really amped up and positively electric crowd. There are tens of thousands of people in attendance every year and it really makes it a high energy drive, despite going 1 MPH. Also, with all the recent press around the DeLorean this year, I have a feeling we are going to have an even more excited group than usual.

The time has come for me to start collecting up your required documentation if you plan to participate - just a copy of your license, registration, insurance and a signed waiver form - same as every other year.

If you plan to participate, please shoot me an email directly and I will add your name to my list, then start bugging you for the documentation and sharing event info and planning. Remember that this year’s event is on Saturday April 16, 2016 and you will need to be at the staging area quite early (usually around 6 AM, because they start closing down the roads) so plan accordingly.

Looking forward to it!

Jon/#2100
    Jon

Ill be there.........This is a great time and a lot of fun. The crowd IS always very enthusiastic. Lets all make Jon's dreams come true.

Hey guys! Now that I know a whole bunch of you have recently inspected and road-ready DeLoreans after the Grady event yesterday, I thought I’d send a reminder about possibly the best chance you’ll have all year to show those beauties off. So far I only have 1 committed driver (besides myself) for the parade. Last year we had 8 turn out and I’m hoping to get us up to 10 for the first time ever - but I need your help to do that!

Shoot me a message or email directly if you’re interested in participating. A reminder that it’s on Saturday, April 16th. Just about a month away. I need to turn in all our waivers and stuff a couple weeks before that, so time is running out to get involved.
    Jon

My VIN:    2567 (Sold)

As long as mine is running, I will be there.

My VIN:    4260

I'll be there too!

Quote Originally Posted by Dave4260 View Post
    I'll be there too!
    Great Dave! I'm sending you a PM... I need some info from you first
    Jon