FRAMING JOHN DELOREAN - ON VOD www.framingjohndeloreanfilm.com
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Delorean with 350 Chevy V8

SBC Flywheel

Quote Originally Posted by Josh View Post
    I couldnt tell from the picture, what what sized flywheel does this adapter use? Must be at least a 153T. Using a gen2 sbc and this adapter would sure make things go a lot smoother.
    Uses 153 T flywheel----only problem with this adapter to SBC is the clutch slave can not mount similar to original---no room at the rear of the block---I have built a bellcrank system that mounts the cylinder on top of the trans---this transfers the push cylinder motion to a pull setup to the clutch throwout fork.

Your car/installation really looks nice---like the headers----what type mufflers did you use???Space is really tight.
    Leroy 2126

My VIN:    11408

Club(s):   (DMWC) (TXDMC) (DCUK) (DOI)

Quote Originally Posted by leroylem View Post
    Uses 153 T flywheel----only problem with this adapter to SBC is the clutch slave can not mount similar to original---no room at the rear of the block---I have built a bellcrank system that mounts the cylinder on top of the trans---this transfers the push cylinder motion to a pull setup to the clutch throwout fork.

Your car/installation really looks nice---like the headers----what type mufflers did you use???Space is really tight.
    Leroy 2126
    I wonder what other guys did... As Nick mentioned there are a few of these adapters out there. I know the Buick V6 uses one of these.

Nick and I are using the same mufflers... 12" Dynomax Bullets. They sound very, very good. They would sound different on a Gen2 as apposed to a Gen3/4 as they use a different firing order.
    http://www.summitracing.com/int/part...4215/overview/

Supercharged 5.3L LS4 + Porsche 6spd
    [email protected]
    lsdelorean.com
    I am not affiliated with Delorean Midwest in anyway.

DMC Midwest - 815.459.6439 DMCMW Dave's Avatar

My VIN:    (former)05429

Club(s):   (DMWC) (DCUK)

Quote Originally Posted by leroylem View Post
    I also have one of these bellhousings---found it "new in the box" in Carolina----.
    Leroy 2126
    Be careful with that bellhousing. If you are installing the engine with the mounts all the way at the rear of the car (like the Buick), look at how far it is from those to the trans mounts. I've seen that bellhousing crack from the stress. It would not be a bad idea to engineer a center mount location as well.
    Dave S
    DMC Midwest - retired but helping
    Greenville SC

My VIN:    01643

Club(s):   (DCF) (DCO) (DCUK)

Quote Originally Posted by DMCMW Dave View Post
    Be careful with that bellhousing. If you are installing the engine with the mounts all the way at the rear of the car (like the Buick), look at how far it is from those to the trans mounts. I've seen that bellhousing crack from the stress. It would not be a bad idea to engineer a center mount location as well.
    I've wondered about that. After seeing quite a few chevy 621 bellhousings crack, I was curious how much support that bellhousing gives. The fact that the original DeLorean bellhousing has so many ribs and gussets for strength has always given me comfort.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2