FRAMING JOHN DELOREAN - ON VOD www.framingjohndeloreanfilm.com
Page 7 of 19 FirstFirst ... 5 6 7 8 9 17 ... LastLast

Thread: Bringing back the BF Goodrich Radial TA in a 195/60/14

My VIN:    6654

Club(s):   (DCF)

I posted basiclly the same thing on Michelin's website. I only added that I currently have Pilots on the car and would like to replace them with the same tire.

http://www.michelinman.com/US/en/help/contact.html
    Thanks,
    Lenny

DMCH New Build in 2005, Stage II, DPI Stainless Exhaust, Eibach Suspension, 170 Mph Speedometer, Xenon Lights, Wings-A-Loft, DMC Wide Angle Side Mirrors, 3rd Brake Light

My VIN:    4456 - Owner since March 2011

Club(s):   (PNDC)

Quote Originally Posted by micmak View Post
    I think we might be having a bit of an impact. Whether or not it will convince them to make our tires remains to be seen, but I think this reply was better than a negative response:

Thank you for contacting BFGoodrich. We apologize for the inconvenience. Due to extremely high email volumes, you may receive a delay in response time of up to 2-5 business days. If your issue is more pressing, please call us at 1-888-871-6666 and we will be glad to assist you.

The e-mail also had this in the subject line: Case number:6895255

Why would they have a case number if they were just going to say "NO" to me?

....Mike.....
    Sorry... That's the automated canned response everyone got that submitted a question... A day or two from now you'll get the actual response.

Cheers
    Steven
    Cheers
    Steven Maguire

IT'S A TRAP!!!!!

My VIN:    03238 Grey & Black Hybrid - Auto - work in progress Former owner 10902 - Universal 93 Raffle Car

Mine read:

Please assist with providing tires for my 1983 Delorean DMC12.

Please consider putting the Radial TA in a 195/60/14 back into production, we have no good choices for matched tires anymore. With 6500 cars still in existence and no other manufacturer offering support, and assuming a 6-7 year life on the tires, you are looking at a potential average market of up to 2000 tires per year for this size, while guaranteeing you a matching 2000 tires per year for the rears, which are currently still available from your company.

4000 tires per year isn't bad, plus you would be supporting a car that gets A LOT of attention wherever it goes. Everyone looks at the car, takes pictures, and scrutinizes it.

On top of the Delorean, obviously other vehicles would use the tire as well. When you discontinued the tire there were other options, if your return the tire to production, your sales would be much higher than the final year of previous production. Please help.

Thanks,

Tom

One of those purists you keep hearing about. sdg3205's Avatar

My VIN:    thirty two 'o five

Nicely said, Tom.
    Dave

Here, somewhere.

My VIN:    16377

I set myself a reminder to send the following email every Monday:

BF Goodrich Marketing Team,

I'm one of several DeLorean owners that has the desire to have matching tires for our cars. Currently, only our rear wheels (235/60/15) are available in the Radial T/A. We are asking that you bring back the 195/60/14 sized Radial T/A.

There are several thousand DeLoreans on the road today. This car has a very strong following across various platforms (Facebook,Forums,Clubs, and several Dealer franchises - www.delorean.com).

We are a very close-knit group that would like to keep our cars on the road. Having the proper sized and model tire is a very large part of that.

We are giving you the opportunity to making several thousand DeLorean owners into long-term customers.

Please remember that all of these people also own other vehicles that could eventually use new tires as well.
    If you help us here, we will be more than willing to return the favor and buy tires for our other cars.

Please put all of this into consideration when you think about what we are asking here.

In the reply I received yesterday, they said the following:
    Nick, we checked our records and find this is the third time you have sent this request. If you had not received an answer to the previous emails, please check your spam or junk email folders.

So it does appear that they acknowledge our repeated emails. I'll keep sending these emails.

Thanks.

-Nick Pitello

My VIN:    4941

205's guys !! BF's

My VIN:    4941

Quote Originally Posted by cpistocco View Post
    205's guys !! BF's
    I applaud you guys for your efforts, BUT I think you are beating a dead horse with the 195 ta's. The 205s are just 5 mms wider on either side, and just a bit taller.
    They work fine. ( I would just like it stated for the record that my son and I were the first to do it !!! )

My VIN:    10904

Unfortunately, 2000 or 4000 tires a year isn't their market. 200,000 to a million a year is.

-Bob

My VIN:    6585

Quote Originally Posted by micmak View Post
    The e-mail also had this in the subject line: Case number:6895255

Why would they have a case number if they were just going to say "NO" to me?

....Mike.....
    Because now some dimwitted hack who can barely operate an iPhone, yet managed to Forrest Gump their way through a few University of Phoenix courses to obtain an MBA can proudly proclaim that their Customer Service website is working by proof of all of the "Case Numbers" that it has generated for the *inquires* the site has received. And a bunch of board members who know so little about technology that they keep writing their passwords down on Post-It notes they stick to their monitors will believe them because they sound so confident.
    Robert

People they come together, people they fall apart...

My VIN:    4456 - Owner since March 2011

Has any one run 215s in the front. Goodrich makes a Radial T/A in that width but I'm pretty sure it will cause some rubbing issues on the anti-roll bar in a full lock turn. Probably not enough to damage the tire but????

Cheers
    Steven
    Cheers
    Steven Maguire

IT'S A TRAP!!!!!

Page 7 of 19 FirstFirst ... 5 6 7 8 9 17 ... LastLast