FRAMING JOHN DELOREAN - ON VOD www.framingjohndeloreanfilm.com
Page 15 of 19 FirstFirst ... 5 13 14 15 16 17 ... LastLast

Thread: Bringing back the BF Goodrich Radial TA in a 195/60/14

My VIN:    4941

Quote Originally Posted by Mark D View Post
    Do you have more photos you can share of your car with the 215/60/14's? It's the size I think most would be considering for the front if going with the BFG radial TA's.

Any close up photos or measured clearance to the fenders or anti roll bar with the wheels turned all the way would be helpful... I know you said your car isn't lowered...do you have any rubbing issues at all with the current setup?
    slight rubbing on sway bar if wheels are cut hard all the way. I very rarely cut wheels that hard, and if so, always at low speeds.

My VIN:    10201

I had 215s on the car when I bought it. They were definitely rubbing because there are black spots on the sway bar.

My VIN:    5368

Just sent emails to all three of them (BFG, Michelin and Cooper)..
    Vin 5368. October 81 Grey Manual

My VIN:    6654

Club(s):   (DCF)

Since DMC is planning building new cars. What kind of wheels and tires are they planning on using?
    Thanks,
    Lenny

DMCH New Build in 2005, Stage II, DPI Stainless Exhaust, Eibach Suspension, 170 Mph Speedometer, Xenon Lights, Wings-A-Loft, DMC Wide Angle Side Mirrors, 3rd Brake Light

My VIN:    4941

Quote Originally Posted by mr_maxime View Post
    I had 215s on the car when I bought it. They were definitely rubbing because there are black spots on the sway bar.
    For me, the occasional, slight rubbing is worth the good looks....
    Personal choice...

My VIN:    16377

Quote Originally Posted by Lenny View Post
    Since DMC is planning building new cars. What kind of wheels and tires are they planning on using?
    As per the blog post from the link below:
    http://www.newdelorean.com/blog/

Wheels and Tires

Also in April we had a very good meeting with a Tier 1 wheel manufacturer and were given a preview of some unreleased designs that could be made available exclusively for the DeLorean car. We also received initial costing for these new wheels in 17″and 18″ sizes (which offer the greatest tire selection). Further updates will come as this supplier relationship progresses.

My VIN:    16,427

Hi. New to the forum but not to DeLorean ownership being the original owner of my 83 for the last 33 years which ties into this thread very nicely. You see, I am still running original NCTs. Only 10k miles or so, but they have developed some nasty flat spots. I had no idea until a few days ago how difficult it was going to be getting new tires in the right sizes. So far, I have looked at Coopers (mismatched), Goodrich (mismatched), Toyo (not correct sizes), Vanderbilt (mismatched), and Primewell (mismatched). Don't know if I can wait until someone out there makes a correct set unless it happens relatively soon. Opinions or information are welcome.

My VIN:    0934

Club(s):   (NCDMC) (DCUK)

Quote Originally Posted by ozone View Post
    ....I had no idea until a few days ago how difficult it was going to be getting new tires in the right sizes. So far, I have looked at Coopers (mismatched), Goodrich (mismatched), Toyo (not correct sizes), Vanderbilt (mismatched), and Primewell (mismatched). Don't know if I can wait until someone out there makes a correct set unless it happens relatively soon. Opinions or information are welcome.
    It's a popular and significant question. This thread LINK - http://dmctalk.org/showthread.php?7285 pretty much covers it even if it went stale more than 2yrs ago - not sure much has changed for the better since then.

As for knowing about the problem it's been going on for some time and is highlighted for prospective buyers in James Espey's Buyer's Guide to DeLorean Automobiles.

You do need to ditch the NCTs and your options are indeed limited. Downsizing the rears to 225/60-15 allows a few F/R matches, seems to be the recommended compromise for now.
    March '81, 5-speed, black interior

My VIN:    4456 - Owner since March 2011

Club(s):   (PNDC)

Quote Originally Posted by Rich View Post

You do need to ditch the NCTs and your options are indeed limited. Downsizing the rears to 225/60-15 allows a few F/R matches, seems to be the recommended compromise for now.
    Or upsizing the fronts also seems doable if you're careful.

Cheers
    Steven
    Cheers
    Steven Maguire

IT'S A TRAP!!!!!

My VIN:    16,427

Best deal yet?

Thanks for the guidance. I was ready to order a set of Vredenstein Sportrac 5's settling for the smaller 225's in the rear, but I was a bit hesitant about the price.Searching around the internet for a possible lower price landed me at eBay where I found a seller offering the fronts at $71.47 each and the rears at $108.75 each AND free shipping. Based on this, it was a no brainer. I ordered them and they should be here on Monday. The seller's username is "tires-easy". I consider this the best deal yet for performance, styling, and price.

Page 15 of 19 FirstFirst ... 5 13 14 15 16 17 ... LastLast