FRAMING JOHN DELOREAN - ON VOD www.framingjohndeloreanfilm.com
Page 4 of 19 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 14 ... LastLast

Thread: Bringing back the BF Goodrich Radial TA in a 195/60/14

My VIN:    2347

Of course they are going to say that. That's why we need to keep requesting it. Never give up, never surrender!
    Everyone is tough through a keyboard

My VIN:    6585

Quote Originally Posted by sdg3205 View Post
    A member of Dmc today got a "sorry but no" response back from BFG. They recommended we approach Coker tire. I've emailed them PLENTY in years past and didn't get a response, so I wouldn't count on Coker.

This effort most likely won't result in any tires for us and I think we understand that, but vocalizing our interest can't hurt one bit. Like Jonathan said, Andy Dufresne.
    Don't know how true it is, but it wouldn't surprise me at all. The marque has certainly come a long way, but thanks to the almost retard IQ level of the average member of the American public, it's still too toxic for major corporations to ever be associated with. I'm pretty sure that's why DMC was immediately dismissed in favor of the "sure to fail" Fisker when it came to taking over the old Delaware plant. Why save jobs and an entire local economy when we can just ensure we don't receive any bad PR from being associated with DeLorean? Same thing here. Any mainstream company that ever partners with the DMC marque runs the risk of their brand being associated with the old one from 3 decades ago. Sad, but it's the way it goes.

Oh well.
    Robert

People they come together, people they fall apart...

My VIN:    1983 canadian model

Are they the ones that leaves flames marks? (very bad joke)

Done too.

Thank you Dave for to have paved the road, even though ''where we're going, we don't need road'' (even worst joke, sorry, lol)

My VIN:    4456 - Owner since March 2011

Club(s):   (PNDC)

Quote Originally Posted by sdg3205 View Post
    A member of Dmc today got a "sorry but no" response back from BFG. They recommended we approach Coker tire.
    I got the same response this morning...

Cheers
    Steven
    Cheers
    Steven Maguire

IT'S A TRAP!!!!!

My VIN:    Former owner of 1098

Club(s):   (DCF)

I got this response:

Brandon, we apologize the BFGoodrich Radial T/A in size P195/60/14 tires have been discontinued and stock is not available for retailers to order. We appreciate the request for the discontinued tire and will forward the information to the appropriate Marketing Group for future consideration.

This was considerably nicer than what some others have received. Perhaps they would like some more pestering.
    Brandon S.

2014 Honda Civic EX
    2007 Volvo S60R

My VIN:    2347

And more pestering we shall give them!

#195/60R14tiresmatter
    Everyone is tough through a keyboard

My VIN:    <2000

Club(s):   (DCF)

Here is the response that I got...

We appreciate your request for Radial T/A tires in size 195/60/14. Coker Tire specializes in antique and classic tire fitments. Please contact Coker Tire at 1-866-591-3418 or visit their website at cokertire.com for possible availability and/or pricing. Also, Coker Tire, our exclusive Michelin & BFGoodrich Vintage tire distributor can be found on the Michelin Passion web site. This site is dedicated to Michelin's Vintage tire Collection. Visit www.michelin-passion.com. Unfortunately, we do not have information regarding if our Marketing Department is interested in manufacturing this tire.

We appreciate your business and thank you for choosing BFGoodrich.
    Dana

1981 DeLorean DMC-12 (5 Speed, Gas Flap, Black Interior, Windshield Antenna, Dark Gray)
    Restored as "mostly correct, but with flaws corrected". Pictures and comments of my restoration are in the albums section on my profile.
    1985 Chevrolet Corvette, Z51, 4+3 manual
    2006 Dodge Magnum R/T (D/D)
    2010 Camaro SS (Transformers Edition)

DMC Midwest - 815.459.6439 DMCMW Dave's Avatar

My VIN:    (former)05429

Club(s):   (DMWC) (DCUK)

If I was going to pick a good tire to bring back in the original sizes, I'd ask for the Michelin Pilot Sports that were available up to about 9 years ago.
    Dave S
    DMC Midwest - retired but helping
    Greenville SC

My VIN:    10201

I got this "We appreciate your request for tires Maxime. Your request will be forwarded to the appropriate Marketing Group for future consideration."

My VIN:    4941

205's

Quote Originally Posted by mr_maxime View Post
    I got this "We appreciate your request for tires Maxime. Your request will be forwarded to the appropriate Marketing Group for future consideration."
    205's guys....

Page 4 of 19 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 14 ... LastLast