FRAMING JOHN DELOREAN - ON VOD www.framingjohndeloreanfilm.com
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: DeLorean spotted in St Petersburg

My VIN:    10XXX

Club(s):   (DCF)

DeLorean spotted in St Petersburg

I saw a D parked at a a white apartment building on 46th st (or was it avenue) in St Petersburg FL the other night. Anybody know whose car that is? Gas flap; body looked good, a bit dusty.
    Steve Liggett
    Treasure Island, FL
    1982 automatic, VIN 10XXX, grey int

Previous: VIN 5983, VIN 3670
    Who knows where my previous 1981 with 6 cylinder Chevy engine is these days (cannot find that VIN) ?

My VIN:    5003 Never placed Concourse

Not sure whose car it is but I work in St Pete, I can try to go by sometime and see if I can get a vin...
    -----Dan B.

My VIN:    10XXX

I need to ask my wife exactly where we were when we saw it.

BTW, have yu had to have AC work done here in the area?
    Steve Liggett
    Treasure Island, FL
    1982 automatic, VIN 10XXX, grey int

Previous: VIN 5983, VIN 3670
    Who knows where my previous 1981 with 6 cylinder Chevy engine is these days (cannot find that VIN) ?

I've required all kinds of AC work however I do not visit shops, all repairs are done on my own.

Quote Originally Posted by SBL View Post
    I need to ask my wife exactly where we were when we saw it.

BTW, have yu had to have AC work done here in the area?
    -----Dan B.

pretty sure that was my car. it was off of 46th ave. 2k miles and one of the first 500 imported. need help getting it running, any takers?

My VIN:    <2000

Quote Originally Posted by milesengineer View Post
    pretty sure that was my car. it was off of 46th ave. 2k miles and one of the first 500 imported. need help getting it running, any takers?
    Welcome to the forum! Your car sounds intriguing.

What are the details of the non-running status? What kind of work has already been done? Etc. Pictures would also be helpful.

Cheers,
    Dana

1981 DeLorean DMC-12 (5 Speed, Gas Flap, Black Interior, Windshield Antenna, Dark Gray)
    Restored as "mostly correct, but with flaws corrected". Pictures and comments of my restoration are in the albums section on my profile.
    1985 Chevrolet Corvette, Z51, 4+3 manual
    2006 Dodge Magnum R/T (D/D)
    2010 Camaro SS (Transformers Edition)

Well my car has quite the story. It was purchased in Washington State by a wealthy vietnamese business man. He had twin 16 y/o boys and for their birthday he bought them 2 brand new Honda's. The father also wanted a Delorean and made a deal with the dealership where if he bought the 2 Honda's he also wanted to buy a Delorean but didnt want to travel across town to get it. The dealership went and got the car and a salesman and brought it to the Honda dealer and the deal was done. On the way home the father hated the Delorean so much that he parked it in the garage and rarely drove it. There is an oil change sticker on the driver door from 1993 where the car had 1300 miles on it. The father died in 2008 and left the mass of his estate to the other son. The only thing left to the son I got it from was the Delorean. At that time the car was shipped to Las Vegas, where the son was living, and parked outside. It sat there for 3 years untouched. He then moved to Miami and shipped the car there as well. In Miami the car was worked on by an old Jamacian guy who proceeded to put a battery in it and try to start the car with 30 y/o gas. You know what happened next. Sat for about 6 months until I got it. The car also has the factory tires on it. Not completely dry rotted as you would expect.

Fast forward..... I have since tore the fuel system apart. New pump after cleaning the tank, new filter, new accumulator. Rebuilt the fuel distributor, new ss line and injectors. Full tune up. It runs but not well at all. The fans work, suprisingly. In the 3 years I have had it the car has moved about .5 miles. I would like to get it running and enjoy it but not sure I can figure it out. Oh I have also put new window actuators in. Screw you Delorean for that design!!!!

Thats the story and where I am at. I just realized I have no pics of this car. I will grab some from the warehouse today.

Welcome, awesome story! If you need any help with repairs drop me a PM. I live in Seminole near the Bardmoor area and work in downtown St Pete.
    -----Dan B.

Quote Originally Posted by dn010 View Post
    Welcome, awesome story! If you need any help with repairs drop me a PM. I live in Seminole near the Bardmoor area and work in downtown St Pete.

Thank you Dan!! I will take you up on that for sure. The car is stored near my house off of 54th ave and 28th st n.

You're about 15-20 minutes away from where I live. I'll PM you my contact info.
    -----Dan B.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast