17 34.69%
  • No action for BTTF car

0 0%
  • No action for standard car

18 36.73%
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread: Who did What on the 21st – photos and Poll

My VIN:    10757 1st place Concourse 1998

My car was on Good Morning America and Laura Spencer sat on the hood!IMG_0389[1].jpg
    David Teitelbaum

My VIN:    Custodian of 5307

Drove mine to work ALL my coworkers came out and got a picture with it!

Drove home on freeway with open doors and an actual LAPD took my pic and tweeted it! found it on twitter feed

BTTFDAY.jpg
    1988 3.2 Ferrari Mondial

My VIN:    10904

My VIN:    4055

Club(s):   (DMA)

Had mine on the local news early in the day, then took it to a paid event to show it off.
    Spent the rest of the day driving around enjoying seeing people happy to see the car.

My VIN:    5311

Club(s):   (SEDOC) (DCUK)

None of the above. I drove it around and let people take pictures of/with it. None were at any events of any kind.
    - Chris

what

My VIN:    2743

Club(s):   (SEDOC) (DCH) (DCUK) (DOC-UK)

Yes, apologies. I dropped the ball with the lack of "drove it around" option, though I still maintain that this was an even in itself on BTTF day
    Dermot
    VIN 2743, B/A, Frame 2227, engine 2320

I don't always drive cars, but when I do, I prefer DeLoreans

http://www.will-to-live.org

No-one is to stone anyone, even, and I want to make this absolutely clear, even if they do say "carburetor"

My VIN:    01643

Club(s):   (DCF) (DCO) (DCUK)

I thought I would be really bummed being in China for this. When I woke up and started the day I thought "this isn't as bad as I thought." For those curious, no, no one here in China had any idea that it was Back to the Future day (though I'm sure it was huge in Japan). Only a handful of the people from the US even mentioned it. After the full day of work with minimal discussion about it, I actually felt like I hadn't missed much. Then I got home from work around 7:30pm (China time), meaning it was 7:30am Eastern time. Thats when it really hit. Being online from 7:30am onward, it got difficult. Seeing the western world explode with BTTF stuff, seeing my friends headed to interviews and driving their cars, reading about the parties or events I was missing, and thinking about the ways I could have spent the day had I been in Florida (I most certainly would have taken the day off work)... that was tough. I finally had to cut myself at 10:30pm (here, am there).

My hope is that the day will turn into one of the, "I remember where I was/I remember what I was doing when..." type days. Hopefully later on, thinking back that I was helping build a Disney park in Shanghai on Oct 21st 2015 will be cool. For now, I'm still pretty bummed about everything I feel like I missed out on. Plus I miss my car a lot.

Sorry to be a downer; it looks like it was an awesome day for so many people! I cannot believe how many people were on the news, on TV, on the radio, etc.! The DeLorean world is going crazy; hell my car blog got over 1000 hits today. Thats more than it gets most months, lol; I could probably count on 1 hand the number of times it's broken 100 in a day, haha. Some of the photos and videos coming out from all the events today look awesome!! Keep the photos and the stories coming!!
    Last edited by Nicholas R; 10-22-2015 at 08:51 AM.

My VIN:    5311

Club(s):   (SEDOC) (DCUK)

Quote Originally Posted by Nicholas R View Post
    Hopefully later on, thinking back that I was helping build a Disney park in Shanghai on Oct 21st 2015 will be cool.
    Seriously dude, this. You're in freaking CHINA. That's badass.

I'd take that over a fake movie day any day of the week.
    - Chris

what

My VIN:    2743

Club(s):   (SEDOC) (DCH) (DCUK) (DOC-UK)

You know, it dawned on me yesterday, that seemingly everybody, every media organization, every PR company, had created some sort of tie in to the "day", with one noticeable exception

Universal Studios.

I'm surprised we haven't heard of some special event at their parks, or special release DVd or something.
    Dermot
    VIN 2743, B/A, Frame 2227, engine 2320

I don't always drive cars, but when I do, I prefer DeLoreans

http://www.will-to-live.org

No-one is to stone anyone, even, and I want to make this absolutely clear, even if they do say "carburetor"

My VIN:    2848

We hosted the largest BTTF event in Colorado! It was crazy. Lines around the block.

https://www.facebook.com/Totally-80s...9395015238968/
    -Alex
    We work jobs we hate, to buy shit we don't need, to impress people we don't even like.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast