FRAMING JOHN DELOREAN - ON VOD www.framingjohndeloreanfilm.com
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Windshield leak... suggestions?

Hate to reserect this old thread, but I have this exact problem. My question, the manual and everybody on here says "remove the header trim and ...." How is that removed? What's holding it? Do I just pull straight up?

My VIN:    5003 Never placed Concourse

Club(s):   (DCF)

I'm not sure what manual you're looking at but the workshop manual has the process in multiple places. P:02:05. P:02:22.

Quote Originally Posted by Helirich View Post
    manual and everybody on here says "remove the header trim and ...."
    -----Dan B.

Quote Originally Posted by dn010 View Post
    I'm not sure what manual you're looking at but the workshop manual has the process in multiple places. P:02:05. P:02:22.
    Yes, the workshop manual. The place I was looking was P:02:22. I just looked at the other place you mentioned and both places say "remove the header" without any elaboration. Does your manual expand on it?

Yes, the workshop manual. The place I was looking was P:02:22. I just looked at the other place you mentioned and both places say "remove the header" without any elaboration. Does your manual expand on it?
    Sorry, I must be looking at the updated workshop manual.

P:02:05

HEADER PANEL, WINDSHIELD - Fig. 4
    Removal

1. Open both doors and remove left and right
    windshield to door outer seals.

2. Remove left and right "A" post finishers
    (reveal mouldings).

3. Remove windshield header panel.

Complete step one and it will be quite obvious how to remove the panel.
    -----Dan B.

Sorry, I must be looking at the updated workshop manual.

P:02:05

HEADER PANEL, WINDSHIELD - Fig. 4
    Removal

1. Open both doors and remove left and right
    windshield to door outer seals.

2. Remove left and right "A" post finishers
    (reveal mouldings).

3. Remove windshield header panel.
    Yea, that's what mine says. Not much help there. They might as well have left that out.

Yea, that's what mine says. Not much help there. They might as well have left that out.
    I'm not really sure how much more instruction you need. Did you even attempt to remove the windshield to door outer seals to look at everything or are you just complaining because there is no tools required list and Lego assembly manual to go with this car? Again, complete step one - remove the seals and the rest should be clear to you.

I'd suggest to have some glue on hand to replace the seals with but it appears you're fully stocked.
    -----Dan B.

I'm not really sure how much more instruction you need. Did you even attempt to remove the windshield to door outer seals to look at everything or are you just complaining because there is no tools required list and Lego assembly manual to go with this car? Again, complete step one - remove the seals and the rest should be clear to you.

I'd suggest to have some glue on hand to replace the seals with but it appears you're fully stocked.
    Obviously, I don't need that instruction because there is no instruction. Like I said, it just says remove. Of course your going to remove it. Let's just say for example that it has two clips that go under the windshield. You pull straight up and crack the windshield or you pull the rear edge first and go around it. Big Differnce.

I asked two simple questions and you susgested they are answered in the manual. Now we find out they are not and you are pissed off at me? If you don't want to help, don't.

Obviously, I don't need that instruction because there is no instruction. Like I said, it just says remove. Of course your going to remove it. Let's just say for example that it has two clips that go under the windshield. You pull straight up and crack the windshield or you pull the rear edge first and go around it. Big Differnce.

I asked two simple questions and you susgested they are answered in the manual. Now we find out they are not and you are pissed off at me? If you don't want to help, don't.
    I'm not sure how you get that I'm "pissed off" from my reply, but, okay. At this point, it is more like frustration that you have a list of steps, you wont follow the steps, you say there are no steps and then you come back to say "it just says remove." Well, no, it doesn't. I am telling you now for the third time, the book tells you to REMOVE THE SEALS, it gives you a diagram showing you the header is retrained by screw which would obviously be under the seals. If it had two clips that go under the windshield, it would be shown in the diagram. If you want to know what parts are in the diagram, visit DMCH's store for what part is what.

I really wish you'd stop posting to this site asking for help only to refuse the help and start arguing. You clearly didn't follow step one or listen to me to remove the seal to reveal the screws which would have been the "ah-hah!" moment for you. So why bother?
    -----Dan B.

I'm not sure how you get that I'm "pissed off" from my reply, but, okay. At this point, it is more like frustration that you have a list of steps, you wont follow the steps, you say there are no steps and then you come back to say "it just says remove." Well, no, it doesn't. I am telling you now for the third time, the book tells you to REMOVE THE SEALS, it gives you a diagram showing you the header is retrained by screw which would obviously be under the seals. If it had two clips that go under the windshield, it would be shown in the diagram. If you want to know what parts are in the diagram, visit DMCH's store for what part is what.

I really wish you'd stop posting to this site asking for help only to refuse the help and start arguing. You clearly didn't follow step one or listen to me to remove the seal to reveal the screws which would have been the "ah-hah!" moment for you. So why bother?
    Are you related to josh?

Ok, when I intend to do a job, I like to read up on it before diving in. If I have a question that is not answered in the manual, I would like to get an answer before getting stuck half way through or damaging something. Is that stupid?

I read the manual before my first post. P:02:22. As I mentioned, it simply says "remove". It doesn't say anything about screws. There is no diagram in that location. In fact, I didn't know anything about screws untill now. I did pull back the seal, but obviously the screws were hidden by junk. The diagram you are bragging about (in the other location) doesn't show two screws and doesn't show what the one screw goes into. I can't even positively say it's a screw. Does it go through the header or does it clamp the header with the, aparently square thing the screw is next to? There are two protrusions shown on the diagram, but I can't tell what they do because the diagram is so poor.

When I asked "how is it held on and do I pull straight up?" Would it be too hard for you to say "it's held by two screws and then pull straight up". But no, you would rather insult my intelligence by saying it's in the manual when it's not.

Again, if you don't want to help, don't.

Club(s):   (SEDOC) (DCUK)

Quote Originally Posted by helirich View Post
    Are you related to josh?
    Last WARNING!

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast