FRAMING JOHN DELOREAN - ON VOD www.framingjohndeloreanfilm.com
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3

Thread: Windshield leak... suggestions?

My VIN:    5003 Never placed Concourse

Club(s):   (DCF)

I do have a few relatives named Josh, why do you ask?

I understand you want hand-held guidance but you're trying to turn a header panel removal into a rover landing on Mars. Literally hundreds of people have done this and you don't see threads on clips, damage, uncertainty, being stuck half way through or broken windshields as a result. Go out to your car, remove the seal & screws and lift the panel off already FFS. Create a how-to while you're at it. This isn't a complicated process, it's literally a couple of screws and the weather strip. If you want the manual to tell you about the screws then step back to P:02:04 and read how to remove the T-panel, it's the same for the front panel, same process. I am not sure what difference it makes but the screws go through the panel and are held by clips that are clipped on the infill panel.

I don't know how much more "help" (or lack there of) this can be for you.

Edit - I don't remember ever having to remove the A post trim, maybe pulling them back a little but never actually taking them off the car. You may want to do it anyway if you're looking for leaks.
    Last edited by dn010; 06-29-2021 at 03:18 PM.
    -----Dan B.

Quote Originally Posted by dn010 View Post
    I do have a few relatives named Josh, why do you ask?

I understand you want hand-held guidance but you're trying to turn a header panel removal into a rover landing on Mars. Literally hundreds of people have done this and you don't see threads on clips, damage, uncertainty, being stuck half way through or broken windshields as a result. Go out to your car, remove the seal & screws and lift the panel off already FFS. Create a how-to while you're at it. This isn't a complicated process, it's literally a couple of screws and the weather strip. If you want the manual to tell you about the screws then step back to P:02:04 and read how to remove the T-panel, it's the same for the front panel, same process. I am not sure what difference it makes but the screws go through the panel and are held by clips that are clipped on the infill panel.

I don't know how much more "help" (or lack there of) this can be for you.

Edit - I don't remember ever having to remove the A post trim, maybe pulling them back a little but never actually taking them off the car. You may want to do it anyway if you're looking for leaks.
    I want "hand held guidance"? This was my first post.

Quote Originally Posted by Helirich View Post
    Hate to reserect this old thread, but I have this exact problem. My question, the manual and everybody on here says "remove the header trim and ...." How is that removed? What's holding it? Do I just pull straight up?
    I'm sorry it was so offensive. Please ignor my future posts.

My VIN:    5003 Never placed Concourse

Club(s):   (DCF)

After looking at my car I am incorrect about the A posts, they'll need to be loosened (6 more screws so now you're at 12 to complete this task). I didn't remove them, just loosened but again you might remove them to identify areas that leak.

It would seem to me like you'd benefit from a tech day should one pop up in Florida.
    -----Dan B.

Everybody can benifit from a tech day. There is nobody that knows it all.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3