FRAMING JOHN DELOREAN - ON VOD www.framingjohndeloreanfilm.com
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread: BTTF observations, rants, etc. (Console switches don't align? Voila! Problem solved)

President, DeLorean Industries

My VIN:    5646,5080, 5880, 10234, 3639, 2518, 10586, 1538

Victor we are already taking things to the Singer level currently here. I have for some time used Dickerson as a bench mark for what the high end of this marketplace should become. Rob and his team produce beautiful cars. They are at the advantage of most items being readily available with large amounts of bespoke components implemented. We have essentially and continue to work towards producing every component on the car. (currently 1600+ items done)

Our first official (non company development platform) Applied Innovation customer car will be unveiled in LA next year in a fashion worth waiting for with the remaining builds on order finishing over the following 12 months. The owner has had the experience of hand tailoring via our suggestions and manufacturing techniques a fully refined, bespoke example. The build incorporates everything we are known to offer which is the highest quality components available anywhere. Along with hundreds of items that are currently "build car only" status and only available through the program. The process takes close to 1100 hours to complete including manufacturing of components as many mil spec stainless components then go through an added process.

Current base pricing for builds with a factory fiberglass under body is $229,000. In 2017 the builds will incorporate our carbon fiber monocoque survival cells with pricing to increase slightly. We are only offering one engine spec initially which is our all out twin turbo platform with N/A packages to be available in later forms (currently only available under preservation builds). All cars are "restored/modified" under the proven Singer strategy utilizing an existing vin. They are all zero mile cars supplied with an odometer reading that matches the vin/titles current status with a replacement zero mile unit supplied to be installed by customer upon delivery of the machine.
    www.deloreanindustries.com Every Detail Matters

My VIN:    5311

Club(s):   (SEDOC) (DCUK)

Quote Originally Posted by DPI JOSH View Post
    We have essentially and continue to work towards producing every component on the car.

After installing your exhaust, I'm actually pretty excited about the idea of being able to buy any part I would ever need from DPI.
    - Chris

what

At this time we have both doors designed and ready for stamping die development along with the front fenders. Hood and T panel are next with the quarters coming last. Averages out to roughly 28k per panel in design, development, dies etc to produce. Comes in at a little under 250k with our current option but it is very important to me that we produce all panels at once through the same supplier. This will create uniformity within the product. Along with the die clause in contract putting the cost of die repair/replacement on the manufacture this is the only way to go.

Panel cost WILL NOT take into account the development cost associated with producing the components. I plan to throw this against the bottom line in general. We will be under contract to produce 50 of each after samples are produced. Pricing vs. current NOS offerings will be comparable if not less in most cases. T panels for example will be in the 250.00 range.

More to come on this later.

My VIN:    Custodian of 5307

Why all the hate of Ferrari?

I must say the cars are polar opposites

Whats interesting here is the high qty of DeLoreans left and the people willing? to "restore" them

the bttf will always be a part of this franchise however the replica are a double edge sword in that its NOT the real thing from the movie but the "want to have" floats all values ....imo good cars are really junked with the conversion because as time wears the mystic of the bttf replica is just that a replica no true value only intrinsic value

I applaud the DeLorean innovator upgrades because the D is really 70s technology

in the meantime LIVING THE DREAM
    Last edited by fnzen; 10-23-2015 at 11:07 AM.
    1988 3.2 Ferrari Mondial

As my intentions become more and more evident I'll clear something most people are asking up now. Why would you make all of this?

Because I really love this car more than anything but my love for manufacturing and innovation is equally as strong. As those close to me know I have gotten into the manufacturing business of things other than DeLorean components. I didn't want to make something generic like everyone else just to make money and wanted to stay stimulated as a result. Sat down to figure it out. I thought of something that was a problem for me and asked why doesn't this exist, found there wasn't a solution after looking further, thought what would I do, prototyped in solid works and produced a sample. I'm heavily connected with summit and a number of other parts retailers and they literally ate this up. While not DeLorean related I'm beyond excited to show this when the time is right. It is up in the air currently but I may just sell the concept and manufacturing rights and move on to something else to manufacture but we will see what the other side of the table offers in the coming months.

With steps like this I can work to better fund the DeLorean side of things without having to pass the financial burden on through the final product on to owners. Trying to keep things as reasonable as possible. Everyone knows every penny and then some goes back into this and the proof is evident in the scale in which things are produced and done. I want to step that up a notch without having to supplement it at the expense of owners.

My VIN:    6585

Hell, I'll settle just for 5-Lug hubs to get some modern, matching wheels for common tire sizes...
    Robert

People they come together, people they fall apart...

Quote Originally Posted by DMCVegas View Post
    Hell, I'll settle just for 5-Lug hubs to get some modern, matching wheels for common tire sizes...
    Already have you covered on the front. We have 4 x100 4x110 and standard 5 lug hub adapters that mount to stock front spindles for our brake packages. Rears will be done shortly as the rear machine work center-less grinding is behind schedule. Allows for a Porsche 911 six bolt pattern as on the un1 with custom shaft going to a EVO 8 style internal spline hub combo with optional vss input to ecu for vehicle speed and 3 speed auto trans control without factory governor. We were going to broach updated outer hubs only but it was more cost effective to revise the entire design.

Already have you covered on the front. We have 4 x100 4x110 and standard 5 lug hub adapters that mount to stock front spindles for our brake packages. Rears will be done shortly as the rear machine work center-less grinding is behind schedule. Allows for a Porsche 911 six bolt pattern as on the un1 with custom shaft going to a EVO 8 style internal spline hub combo with optional vss input to ecu for vehicle speed and 3 speed auto trans control without factory governor. We were going to broach updated outer hubs only but it was more cost effective to revise the entire design.

I really want an EcoBoost V6 mated to a Boxster 6-Speed Transaxle to create basically a Ford GT Drivetrain in my car. You may just have a few parts I need for wheels and braking...
    Robert

Always here to help. Can also help with crate engine purchasing, engine management options etc for the ecoboost platform.

Always here to help. Can also help with crate engine purchasing, engine management options etc for the ecoboost platform.

Good to know. Ford has been promising a Control Pak for 2 years now, and still nothing... I'm guessing it won't happen until after the GT hits Le Mans. So far I've seen 500 horses on a Ford Flex over on YouTube. Even in stock 300 range I'm fine, but 500 is the goal.
    Robert

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast