FRAMING JOHN DELOREAN - ON VOD www.framingjohndeloreanfilm.com

Thread: Door Removal

Door Removal

Hey,
    This is my first post.. I'm doing a full restoration of my new Delorean and figured it would make things alot easier to get the doors off to get into not only the inside, but also the door itself.
    I see the four bolts per door attached to the torsion bar, but how do I disconnect the wire harness from the door..

ALL and ANY help is much appreciated!!!!!

My VIN:    500 ft pounds torque.

Club(s):   (SEDOC) (DCUK)

The harness is located under the headliner. It is a MAJOR job to R&I the doors. I would avoid it at all cost....
    There are those who have done it, and I'm sure will chime in with advice.
    Soundkillr was here.

My VIN:    10757 1st place Concourse 1998

There is no need to remove the doors unless they are damaged. You MUST also undo the torsion bar, a major pain in the neck to avoid also if possible. Leave the doors on the car. The panels too, again, unless they are damaged. It is a BIG hassle to get things realigned and you will probably not get it back as good as it is now.
    David Teitelbaum

My VIN:    6585

I'm gonna jump in on this too and say that unless you have a very early VIN where the doors were added on LAST and no properly aligned to the underbody, you will never need to adjust the doors. They're installed pretty well. And even in a rare case such as this, you wouldn't be removing the doors, but just adjusting them.

Do yourself a HUGE favor and just leave them attached to the car, and work around them.
    Robert

People they come together, people they fall apart...

President, DeLorean Industries

My VIN:    5646,5080, 5880, 10234, 3639, 2518, 10586, 1538

I would recommend contacting us privately regarding this process. Very few people beyond the basic concept of can accurately recommend a correct procedure for this on here. We can give you an in-depth proper approach to this process if required after seeing pictures. Unless you are planning to perform extensive roof box and or structural repairs this is advised against. More damage can come from trying to make the car easier to work on than just working around the inconvenience.

Our direct email contact is [email protected]
    www.deloreanindustries.com Every Detail Matters