FRAMING JOHN DELOREAN - ON VOD www.framingjohndeloreanfilm.com

Thread: New Ford GT BTTF version...

DeLorean Historian / Administrator Tamir A.'s Avatar

My VIN:    11474

New Ford GT BTTF version...

We all know Bob Gale told the Universal Execs to go "F" themselves when they proposed having Doc Brown drive a 1985 Mustang converted into the BTTF vehicle. Yuck. But I wonder how he would have felt about the new Ford GT being used. Check out this tricked out concept of the new GT in BTTF mode. Blasphemy I know. But it does look kind of cool.

https://www.yahoo.com/autos/s/back-f...163050264.html

ford-gt-back-to-the-future.jpg
    Fan of all things DeLorean!

My VIN:    MMMMMCMXCII

There is simply no end to this tragedy..,

After all, bob gale said it clear enough.. Doc brown won't drive a fuckin mustang!!!!
    Last edited by ALEXAKOS; 10-25-2015 at 03:38 AM.
    VIN 5992/Body 5697/Frame 6000/Grey/Manual/ALL LED/Square HALOs/SPAX/DMOCO SS shifter/Genuine MOMO steering/iPhone base/Porsche turbo 997 exhaust/K&N/ SS: f.fascia mounts, brake lines, clutch line+fuel line+tank cover+heat shields/Posi-quiet brake pads/Poly: steering rack inserts+f.sway bar bushing+radius bushing/wings-a-loft/Radius enforced tabs n bolts/turbo fans... Oh! + a BTTF on/off replica set etc (still adding)

My VIN:    1121

Club(s):   (DOA) (DCUK)

I'm not normally a fan of BTTF conversions to other cars. The BTTF time machine was a DeLorean. However, there were multiple versions in the movie (out of necessity)... as well as a train. So, apparently the technology was reproducible and "transferable." As such, other conversions would be possible. The Ford GT mockup Tamir posted is one of the best knock-offs I've seen... at least in my opinion. And while it is a Ford, it isn't a Mustang. I still agree, Doc Brown doesn't drive a f'n Mustang.

On another note, I'm not sure how they'd explain it without cheating, but in my opinion, any BTTF 4 or remake would need a DeLorean. Destroyed at the and of 3? I don't care. Use Hollywood magic to explain it. THE BTTF time machine is a DeLorean.
    Last edited by Alan; 10-26-2015 at 07:51 AM.