FRAMING JOHN DELOREAN - ON VOD www.framingjohndeloreanfilm.com
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3

Thread: VOD Question

DMC Midwest - 815.459.6439 DMCMW Dave's Avatar

My VIN:    (former)05429

Club(s):   (DMWC) (DCUK)

Quote Originally Posted by OverlandMan View Post
    About that, do the bolts need to be sealed upon re-installation like with RTV or Permatex or something?
    They are into blind holes. Some anti-seize compound is a good idea.
    Dave S
    DMC Midwest - retired but helping
    Greenville SC

My VIN:    6585

About that, do the bolts need to be sealed upon re-installation like with RTV or Permatex or something?
    Not as far as I'm aware of. I never did anything like that. Around the Y-Pipe you have the O-Rings that seal the passage into the pipe. Then on the Bypass Flanges (if you removed them), there are gaskets. Just use anti-seize and you're good to go.
    Robert

People they come together, people they fall apart...

My VIN:    5482

Thanks. Anyone know what size the larger 2 vacuum hoses are on the back sides of the intake? Figured might as well replace them too while I'm in there. I think the smaller stuff is 5/32".
    Jeff

Spent some time yesterday cleaning the VOD more. Those deep galleys are a real pain to get clean. I took my pic set and dug around in there. So far everything looks good. I don't see any evidence of block rot, which was my biggest fear. I know its been asked before but what causes that? Bad mix of metal/aluminum the day a particular block was cast?

I plan on at least one more round of cleaning before I start replacing seals and doing the reassembly.

VOD.jpg
    Jeff

Spent some time yesterday cleaning the VOD more. Those deep galleys are a real pain to get clean. I took my pic set and dug around in there. So far everything looks good. I don't see any evidence of block rot, which was my biggest fear. I know its been asked before but what causes that? Bad mix of metal/aluminum the day a particular block was cast?

I plan on at least one more round of cleaning before I start replacing seals and doing the reassembly.

VOD.jpg
    Is there a particular order these vacuum lines from the thermal vacuum switch need to be run in the pic below? I know the 3 locations, just curious if the order matters. I wouldn't think so unless there's an internal wall or something in there...

IMG_0581.jpg
    Jeff

DMC Midwest - 815.459.6439 DMCMW Dave's Avatar

My VIN:    (former)05429

Club(s):   (DMWC) (DCUK)

Is there a particular order these vacuum lines from the thermal vacuum switch need to be run in the pic below? I know the 3 locations, just curious if the order matters. I wouldn't think so unless there's an internal wall or something in there...

IMG_0581.jpg
    Just follow the diagram glued to the bottom of the lower engine cover. Yes the order matters if you mean what each connects to. No of you mean order of assembly.

Center is "source", the other two are "on cold" and "on hot".
    Dave S
    DMC Midwest - retired but helping
    Greenville SC

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3