My VIN:    Banged your VIN'S mom

Quote Originally Posted by Lou and "Boo" View Post
    Do tell! Do tell!

http://www.giantfreakinrobot.com/sci...t-message.html
    http://dmctalk.org/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=90&dateline=161808992  9

My VIN:    6585

Do tell! Do tell!

Crispin Glover isn't in Parts 2 & 3. The official reasoning which both Glover and Gale agree upon is that Glover was asking for too much money. That we know as fact, but here is where the speculation on both sides begins:

Gale states that Glover was asking for the same compensation as Michael J. Fox. Glover states that isn't true, and that he was merely asking for more than what he was offered, which according to him was only $150,000. Which he also claims was less than half of what his fellow actors were making. From there Glover has also expanded upon this to also say that the role of future George McFly was purposefully written to make his character hang upside down as a way to "punish" him for his clashing over the ending of part one. I.e. that George's happiness was more attributed to his financial success and subsequent materialism rather than personal confidence.

But then there is the whole lawsuit, and now back to real facts. Casts were taken of Glover's face to make facial prosthesis, which is of course a common practice in many movies, and in this case used to age Glover to play the 1985 version of George McFly. But when it was confirmed that Glover wouldn't be appearing the the sequels, they used those casts to make prosthesis that were glued onto Jeffrey Weissman's face so that he could take up the character of George McFly. Glover sued over that, and won. There was an undisclosed settlement, and the Screen Actors Guild rewrote the rules to prevent such a thing from ever happening again. I believe that Glover had argued that had Weissman (or anyone else) simply have stepped into the role he previously occupied using their own faces and personal prostetics there would not have been a problem. But they had attached prosthetic pieces on an entirely separate actor to make him (Jeffrey Weissman) completely indistinguishable from Glover (especially in those long shots as well as the disorienting ones where he is upside down), and spliced in old footage to complete the illusion. Which actually makes sense. They literally "made" a Crispin Glover.

As an example the continuity scenes with Claudia Wells were reshot for BTTF with Elisabeth Shue now in the role. You KNOW for a fact who is now playing in that role. If you don't like the acting done in that role now as an example, then you know it's because of Elisabeth Shue and she would be responsible. HOWEVER... You can't tell Jeffrey Weissman from Crispin Glover. If Weissman had of screwed up acting in that role, he wouldn't have been blamed. Glover would have. Flip side of the coin, let's say you have someone that really makes a great role, choose from any classic movie franchise out there. Maybe it's Mark Hamill as Luke Skywalker? Christian Bale as Bruce Wayne/Batman? Marlon Brando as Vito Corleone? Think of each of those first flims, and then imagine if they would have avoided paying the additional salaries for the sequels by simply taking casts of their faces so that they could literally glue their faces on other actors to make it look like those actors were on the screen, but it was a completely different actor with a different set of skills merely mimicking them. It could be damaging to another actor's reputation. So SAG wrote new rules to prevent such a thing from happening again.

Will we ever find out the specific details of who is telling the truth about those salary requirements? Who knows. But behind the scenes BTTF made not only some Hollywood history, but had a long-lasting legal impact as well.
    Robert

People they come together, people they fall apart...

My VIN:    01955

Do tell! Do tell!

From the horse's mouth.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gmuGyHb4iHE

I found the documentary a little disjointed and not what I had expected. I wasn't sure if it was about the movie, about the fans or about MJF Foundation. They spoke a little about the movie, then jumped to fans, then back to the movie, then some insight, then back to fans.

I'm like "huh?".

Maybe I am being too critical.

My VIN:    16353

Club(s):   (DOA) (DCUK)

If you want to learn more about Eric Stoltz and the Crispin Glover stuff, please pick up my book that I co-wrote, Back to the Future: The Ultimate Visual History. It goes into great detail about Stoltz and Glover.

Back to the Future: The Ultimate Visual History

And remember when purchasing anything from Back to the Future.com, you can automatically save 10% if you're a member of the DeLorean Owners Association. Just type in your six digit DOA membership number in the promo code box in the checkout.
    Living the Dream since 1993 | Board Member of the DeLorean Owners Association | Co-author of Back to the Future: The Ultimate Visual History
    Like and Follow Facebook.com/DeLoreanOwnersAssociation | Twitter @DeLoreanOwners | DOA YouTube Channel

My VIN:    6720

Club(s):   (AZ-D) (LVDG)

FANTASTIC documentary. Just finished watching it, I loved it.

(My wife is caught on camera 3 times from the DCS footage, you only see the top of my hair once for an instant even though I was next to her the whole time lol)
    5 speed, grooved hood, grey interior (Nov '81)
    QA1 coilovers, Delorean.eu LCA brackets, DPNW Poly swaybar bushings, DMCMW shock tower bar, Deloreana.com convex mirrors, DPNW Toby Tabs, DPI exhaust, C4 Corvette third brake light, PJ Grady tail light boards, Bitsyncmaster relays

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2