FRAMING JOHN DELOREAN - ON VOD www.framingjohndeloreanfilm.com
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Is anyone here a member of DOA?

My VIN:    005058 000927

Club(s):   (AZ-D) (DMA) (DOA) (DCUK)

Hi Dennis,
    Vol. 26, No. 2. They must have felt bad and sent them airmail since I usually get them a month after the Euro guys get their's.
    Rob

P.S. I have extras of the last three issues if you missed any.
    Last edited by PJ Grady Inc.; 10-31-2015 at 06:52 PM.

My VIN:    5180

Club(s):   (DMWC) (DCUK)

Quote Originally Posted by PJ Grady Inc. View Post
    Hi Dennis,
    Vol. 26, No. 2. They must have felt bad and sent them airmail since I usually get them a month after the Euro guys get their's.
    Rob
    I have Vol 25 No. 1 and 2 I must have misplaced Vol 26 No 1. What was on the cover or feature article? I'm going to have to dig through my office clutter. I probably inadvertently stuck it in a drawer with other stuff and didn't realize it.
    DENNIS

VIN 5180, Frame 3652, STAGE II​, DM-eng Solid State Solutions (RPM Rly, Dm.Lt.Mod., Fan Fail Mod. , FAN Rly, HS.Rly) , HID headlights, SPAX user since 2009, Eibach springs, M Adj. Rear LCA's, DPNW poly-sway bar kit, DMCEU LCA Stabilizer link kit, DMCMW Illuminated door sills, Aussie Illuminated SS Shifter plate, REAL MOMO EVO Steering wheel, DELOREANA Extended View Side Mirrors w/ Heaters, DELOREANA LED Door Lights.

My VIN:    5436

Club(s):   (DOA) (DCUK) (DOC-UK)

I signed up back in July and paid my fee, but haven't received my membership pack or any magazines yet. I haven't had a reply to my queries either... I'm in the dark as to what's going on.
    - Martin - VIN 5436 -

My VIN:    5180

Club(s):   (DMWC) (DCUK)

Quote Originally Posted by MML View Post
    I signed up back in July and paid my fee, but haven't received my membership pack or any magazines yet. I haven't had a reply to my queries either... I'm in the dark as to what's going on.
    I just sent an inquiry email to Gordon. The membership director/ treasurer for an update on my status.
    DENNIS

VIN 5180, Frame 3652, STAGE II​, DM-eng Solid State Solutions (RPM Rly, Dm.Lt.Mod., Fan Fail Mod. , FAN Rly, HS.Rly) , HID headlights, SPAX user since 2009, Eibach springs, M Adj. Rear LCA's, DPNW poly-sway bar kit, DMCEU LCA Stabilizer link kit, DMCMW Illuminated door sills, Aussie Illuminated SS Shifter plate, REAL MOMO EVO Steering wheel, DELOREANA Extended View Side Mirrors w/ Heaters, DELOREANA LED Door Lights.

My VIN:    5436

Club(s):   (DOA) (DCUK) (DOC-UK)

Quote Originally Posted by DMC5180 View Post
    I just sent an inquiry email to Gordon. The membership director/ treasurer for an update on my status.
    Thanks Dennis! I emailed him ten days ago but didn't hear back, hopefully you'll have more luck.
    - Martin - VIN 5436 -

Doa

Yes, someone here belongs to the DOA I do. I have belonged to the DOA off and on for years. Why? Why not I like the mag , how ever this is a high price to pay for two or three books a year how ever I own a Delorean and have wasted money before. I really like the magazine. Andy B

My VIN:    10270

I'd give it a go if they included access to PDFs of magazine back issues.
    Luke S :: 10270 :: 82 Grey 5-Speed :: Single Watercooled T3 .60/.48 :: Borla Exhaust :: MSD Ignition :: MS3X Fully SFI Odd-fire EFI :: DevilsOwn Methanol Injection

My VIN:    005058 000927

Club(s):   (AZ-D) (DMA) (DOA) (DCUK)

Quote Originally Posted by DMC5180 View Post
    I have Vol 25 No. 1 and 2 I must have misplaced Vol 26 No 1. What was on the cover or feature article? I'm going to have to dig through my office clutter. I probably inadvertently stuck it in a drawer with other stuff and didn't realize it.
    The cover, and feature article, was a photo of C.R. Brown.
    Rob

Member 105

I belonged to DOA from virtually the very beginning until John Truscott died. The DOA put on a lot of great events and Chapter 9 in Houston was a great Chapter. I was Chapter 9 president for several years. It was a big chapter with over 75 members at one time. DOA seemed to be torn apart from within - mostly the members in California were unhappy with Bernstein, et al, and destroyed the chapter concept with tax complaints and stuff. After John died things just slowly seemed to fade due to lack of interest it seemed to me. The DeLorean Car Show filled a big part the national need. Other things seem to have taken DOA's place.

My VIN:    10757 1st place Concourse 1998

Back in the day that was all there was. It was started as an organ of Ed Bernstein to promote Delorean One. It served a useful purpose but that was at a time when there were NO dealers, no support, no clubs, no parts. What started as a California club grew into a national organization. Once it started facing competition from other dealers and local clubs wanting independence, it collapsed. All it had going for it was the flashy, well done magazine which had less and less good information and morphed into what I called a travelogue of the California club's activities. It still has it's niche for those on the west coast and anyone who likes a print magazine but it is no longer relevant. The back issues of it's magazine are less and less relevant but that and the dues keeps them limping along. If you are anywhere near where you can join in their activities I would recommend you join. If you are not, then find a local group or form your own. If you can't find anyone nearby at least you have this forum.
    David Teitelbaum

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast