FRAMING JOHN DELOREAN - ON VOD www.framingjohndeloreanfilm.com

Thread: Time Machine on eBay current

Question Time Machine on eBay current

Not sure who's this is, but I know Mr. Weaver did a lot of work on it with some of his leftover parts and resin casts. Still a nice ride, just not sure how much it functions (Electronics)? It has a lot of cast autographs on it also, except MJF of course. Anyone know the backstory to this machine??

http://www.ebay.com/itm/DeLorean-DMC...m=131886234025
    Last edited by EngineerGuY; 07-27-2016 at 03:27 PM.

My VIN:    5311

Club(s):   (SEDOC) (DCUK)

"TIME MACHINE"

IDENTICAL MODEL
    Oh really? Is that why the door straps are wrong and the hood has no grooves?
    - Chris

what

Just leave me out of it..

All I know is I feel sorry for whoever bought it.

I can tell you this much, the actual car will not come with the flux capacitor shown in the auction pictures. He sold that off by itself the week before.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/BACK-TO-THE-...-/131883111070

All the auction pictures have that Flux Capacitor in the car. That's a pretty crappy bait and switch. Of course the whole description is questionable for $52,000. There is no telling what he had in the car when it sold.

-Gary

Club(s):   (NCDMC) (DCUK)

What's up with Chris Llyod's signature? When he signed my visor he took his time and did it beautifully.

llyod-sig.jpg

My VIN:    4456 - Owner since March 2011

Club(s):   (PNDC)

Quote Originally Posted by EngineerGuY View Post
    Not sure who's this is, but I know Mr. Weaver did a lot of work on it with some of his leftover parts and resin casts. Still a nice ride, just not sure how much it functions (Electronics)? It has a lot of cast autographs on it also, except MJF of course. Anyone know the backstory to this machine??

http://www.ebay.com/itm/DeLorean-DMC...m=131886234025
    Might have belonged to Paul Casey who is an even coordinator in Las Vegas. A couple years ago his annual Star Cars event was BTTF themed and he had a lot of the cast and some prop memorabilia on hand - which explains the signatures and the memorabilia that comes with the car. That said, I'm not sure he personally actually owned one though there were a lot of them there that day.

Cheers
    Steven
    Cheers
    Steven Maguire

IT'S A TRAP!!!!!

Just leave me out of it..

The signature looked a bit off because I'm pretty sure it was still mounted in the car when Chris signed it in Vegas. I'm wagering the flux was removed so it could sell for a premium - which makes the $200 final selling price even more hilarious. You can't even get the raw parts to build a flux for less than that - especially one that was fully, properly detailed like this one. I won't lie - that final price was a steal for whoever got it. Good luck making it "work" properly though. Paul pulled the unit, but he had no idea how it should be properly wired up and it required a special switch/wiring to work correctly.

Yes, this was Paul Casey's car. It was built for him at a "stunt" level so the costs would be more in line with the budget of his "charity". As such, most of the parts were castings or replacements that I had sitting in the garage from other earlier work. There were no "functional" electronics. Everything was just straight LEDs or Backlit Gels. It was a great conversion and looked really well, but still had another $5000-$15000 worth of worth that needed done to be on the same level as alot of Time Machine Recreations out there.

An album of the build can be seen here:

https://www.facebook.com/bttfparts/p...13844048738396

I believe he spent less than 16 or 17k on the actual time machine conversion parts when it was all said and done and that included my driving to Las Vegas to do final assembly on the car. At a final selling price of over 50k, he certainly made a handsome return on his investment and my trust/goodwill.

-Gary

So whose build is this? Just curious.

Keeper of the DeLorean Owners Directory, at www.DeloreanOwnersDirectory.net

Get the world's only DeLorean Mobile App Here

Quote Originally Posted by citizen View Post
    So whose build is this? Just curious.

gary who comments above did