FRAMING JOHN DELOREAN - ON VOD www.framingjohndeloreanfilm.com
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast

Thread: BPS#6 TIme Machine from Auction Kings - up for sale

My VIN:    2743

Club(s):   (SEDOC) (DCH) (DCUK) (DOC-UK)

Quote Originally Posted by aotmfilms View Post

I just want six months of the BTTF fervor
    Have we not just had that?
    Dermot
    VIN 2743, B/A, Frame 2227, engine 2320

I don't always drive cars, but when I do, I prefer DeLoreans

http://www.will-to-live.org

No-one is to stone anyone, even, and I want to make this absolutely clear, even if they do say "carburetor"

My VIN:    07000

Quote Originally Posted by 88KPH View Post
    You make a good case, but a few problems, the actor's are too old. So you need to introduce totally new characters.
    Having the old actors back for Star Wars The Force Awakens seems to work and the fans love it. So Doc Brown is a lot older - and as CG gets better, you could do a digital Marty with MJ Fox's face and voice, and use another actor for the body, and take off with doing a whole thing on Doc's kids now that they'd be in their late 20's.

And the DeLorean is the iconic time machine - maybe they find one and buy it off one of us, and then, as cool and "maker-y" as the time machine was, they use some of today's tech like an iPad (the iPad 20? since their 2015 is different from ours), maybe a cleaner design, still looks like it was built in a garage but with more design aesthetic..

This time though they're up against Griff's family.

Greg

Quote Originally Posted by Timebender View Post
    and as CG gets better, you could do a digital Marty with MJ Fox's face and voice, and use another actor for the body,
    What a truly appalling thought, on so many different levels.

My VIN:    5778

Club(s):   (DCO) (DCUK)

Quote Originally Posted by Dangermouse View Post
    Have we not just had that?
    Hey! I'm greedy! jk. Seriously though, we deal with the Flux Capacitor jokes and the 88mph jokes etc, so why not.

All that I am asking for is one more movie. Not to much to ask of the Bob's IMO.
    FB Page: #ProjectDelorean https://www.facebook.com/ProjectDelorean88mph
    Twitter: @projdelorean

"Back Before the Future"--the story before the story of a crazy dude trying to timetravel...kindof like expedia...only bumpier...

My VIN:    5778

Club(s):   (DCO) (DCUK)

Well then you are appalled at the first movie poster because that was MJ head plastered on the guy who made the poster art's body
    FB Page: #ProjectDelorean https://www.facebook.com/ProjectDelorean88mph
    Twitter: @projdelorean

"Back Before the Future"--the story before the story of a crazy dude trying to timetravel...kindof like expedia...only bumpier...

I don't really see how. As much as I don't like CG (and am thrilled with the new Star Wars using mostly practical effects, models, and puppets), there is good use for it if done right. Facial animation and CG skin has come a long way since Tron Legacy, and this isn't resurrecting a dead actor for a commercial or movie. If MJF said "Sure! I'd love to do this", for the sake of the story and continuity, vs. rebooting the franchise (hello, Ghostbusters??), then there's really nothing appalling about IMHO.

A reboot would be stupid. A continuation using the tools available to carry on the legacy is not. Plus you'd probably only need Marty for a brief cameo at best, along with "archival" footage, maybe even new scenes and clips that ended up on the cutting room floor, which no one has ever really seen, could help add to a whole new storyline that starts with Doc's kids.

My VIN:    4941

Quote Originally Posted by Timebender View Post
    I don't really see how. As much as I don't like CG (and am thrilled with the new Star Wars using mostly practical effects, models, and puppets), there is good use for it if done right. Facial animation and CG skin has come a long way since Tron Legacy, and this isn't resurrecting a dead actor for a commercial or movie. If MJF said "Sure! I'd love to do this", for the sake of the story and continuity, vs. rebooting the franchise (hello, Ghostbusters??), then there's really nothing appalling about IMHO.

A reboot would be stupid. A continuation using the tools available to carry on the legacy is not. Plus you'd probably only need Marty for a brief cameo at best, along with "archival" footage, maybe even new scenes and clips that ended up on the cutting room floor, which no one has ever really seen, could help add to a whole new storyline that starts with Doc's kids.
    Ya know.... I kinda like the idea !! I had a similar idea for the original Star trek! (Original voices with cg). Of course half of them are dead now!

I think it could work

My VIN:    5311

Club(s):   (SEDOC) (DCUK)

There will not be a Part IV, or a remake. Period.
    - Chris

what

Quote Originally Posted by Accipiter View Post
    There will not be a Part IV, or a remake. Period.
    Unless someone comes along and convinces them to do it, as long as it's a really good story... Never say never..

People thought there'd never be anymore Star Wars after prequels were made.
    People thought there'd never be anymore Star Trek after Star Trek VI - the undiscovered country.
    People thought there'd never be anymore Ghostbusters (and to be honest, there shouldn't be unless it went off the original franchise).

There's a good way to continue a story, and a really bad way.

I'll be you a buck (one WHOLE dollar!) that someday there will be a new BTTF - that's not a reboot. And it will be awesome.

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast