Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5
Results 41 to 48 of 48

Thread: BPS#6 TIme Machine from Auction Kings - up for sale

  1. #41
    Senior Member aotmfilms's Avatar
    Join Date:  Apr 2015

    Location:  Macomb MI #DOCBRWN

    Posts:    300

    My VIN:    5778

    Club(s):   (DCO) (DCUK)

    Quote Originally Posted by Dangermouse View Post
    US-Orlando car is still on display, along with the train. Sitting there in the Florida sun, slowly decomposing.......

    US-California restored the A car a couple of years ago, put it in a glass display case at an odd angle, but have apparently just removed it after 10/21 and put it in storage indefinitely.
    This saddens me. Thank you for that information. It's like a one off. A pot of gold! I mean the movie racked in some acceptable cash on 10/21. I mean, if they are going to do NOTHING with the cars, how about the sell them off to a museum or something. A D out there sitting like that irritates me. The hot humid air can't be good for a D. sitting outside like that.

    I don't know, but I'm annoyed at Universal and the Bob's. Maybe they'll get around to it but waiting 30 years from 1990 (end of Part 3, would put us at 2020, like that Top Gun remake.). Unsat.
    FB Page: #ProjectDelorean https://www.facebook.com/ProjectDelorean88mph
    Twitter: @projdelorean

    "Back Before the Future"--the story before the story of a crazy dude trying to timetravel...kindof like expedia...only bumpier...

  2. #42
    Senior Member
    Join Date:  May 2011

    Posts:    233

    Quote Originally Posted by videobob View Post
    There won't be a remake or a sequel as long as the main 3 are alive, Bob Gale, Robert Zemekis or Steven Speilberg.
    They have vowed to never let it happen.
    But eventually, someone will.
    They remade the Wizard of Oz with Michael Jackson.
    Anything can happen.
    All this. The day will probably come when they push one out, but if I never see a BTTF reboot or sequel, I'll be happy.

    Instead, I'll focus my wishful Hollywood thinking towards Ridley Scotts Alien prequels.

  3. #43
    Senior Member 16949's Avatar
    Join Date:  Sep 2015

    Location:  Florida

    Posts:    121

    Quote Originally Posted by Dangermouse View Post
    US-Orlando car is still on display, along with the train. Sitting there in the Florida sun, slowly decomposing.......

    US-California restored the A car a couple of years ago, put it in a glass display case at an odd angle, but have apparently just removed it after 10/21 and put it in storage indefinitely.
    Oh, okay, it was the California one that I read had been moved off to storage, not the Fla one.

  4. #44
    Senior Member ccurzio's Avatar
    Join Date:  Nov 2011

    Location:  Atlanta-ish

    Posts:    2,212

    My VIN:    5311

    Club(s):   (SEDOC) (DCUK)

    Quote Originally Posted by aotmfilms View Post
    I don't know, but I'm annoyed at Universal and the Bob's. Maybe they'll get around to it but waiting 30 years from 1990 (end of Part 3, would put us at 2020, like that Top Gun remake.). Unsat.
    You need to let this die already. They're not waiting. There will not be a sequel or a remake/reboot. Period.

    http://www.telegraph.co.uk/film/back...bert-zemeckis/

    http://www.usatoday.com/story/life/e...ppen/77531184/

    They know a new movie would have raked in gazillions of dollars. They also know it wouldn't have even remotely held a candle to the originals. If the Bobs haven't been tempted by cash by now, they won't be. The end. (It's called artistic integrity. They have it.)

    You can also bet that the Bobs will be smart enough to lawyer-engineer their estates to retain ownership of the movies after their death, too.

    We will never, ever see a new BTTF movie. And that makes me incredibly happy.
    - Chris


    what

  5. #45
    Senior Member aotmfilms's Avatar
    Join Date:  Apr 2015

    Location:  Macomb MI #DOCBRWN

    Posts:    300

    My VIN:    5778

    Club(s):   (DCO) (DCUK)

    Quote Originally Posted by Accipiter View Post
    You need to let this die already. They're not waiting. There will not be a sequel or a remake/reboot. Period.

    http://www.telegraph.co.uk/film/back...bert-zemeckis/

    http://www.usatoday.com/story/life/e...ppen/77531184/

    They know a new movie would have raked in gazillions of dollars. They also know it wouldn't have even remotely held a candle to the originals. If the Bobs haven't been tempted by cash by now, they won't be. The end. (It's called artistic integrity. They have it.)

    You can also bet that the Bobs will be smart enough to lawyer-engineer their estates to retain ownership of the movies after their death, too.

    We will never, ever see a new BTTF movie. And that makes me incredibly happy.
    It was dead. The last post was December 2015, by my calculations that was 9 months ago......
    FB Page: #ProjectDelorean https://www.facebook.com/ProjectDelorean88mph
    Twitter: @projdelorean

    "Back Before the Future"--the story before the story of a crazy dude trying to timetravel...kindof like expedia...only bumpier...

  6. #46
    Nothing witty here lest it offend
    Join Date:  May 2011

    Posts:    820

    Quote Originally Posted by Accipiter View Post
    We will never, ever see a new BTTF movie. And that makes me incredibly happy.
    Remaking classics is a sin, but there might be a way to make a new movie in the BTTF universe that wouldn't intrude upon the originals. For example, Goldie III's trials and tribulations of getting his Hover Conversion business going. The movie could be one part Tucker, one part F&F with little BTTF easter eggs here and there. Just an example.

  7. #47
    Senior Member
    Join Date:  Jul 2015

    Location:  Tacoma, Wa

    Posts:    1,383

    My VIN:    4877

    Never say never... However, Im sure if offered enough by the studios they may be tempted to sell rights to the franchise....of course given the offerings from hollyweird in recent years, I shudder to imagine the horror that would be Part-4 (anyone remember indiana jones 4? yeah, you cant unsee it...lol).
    Rob Depew
    Tacoma, Wa
    '81 DeLorean 4877 Grey, Auto, 4 wheels
    The Ressurection of 4877......
    Now Accepting Donations to get her back on the road

  8. #48
    Senior Member 16949's Avatar
    Join Date:  Sep 2015

    Location:  Florida

    Posts:    121

    Quote Originally Posted by aotmfilms View Post
    It was dead. The last post was December 2015, by my calculations that was 9 months ago......
    Lol!

    Reviving: Pretty much how Not to let something die

    Sent from my SM-G928P using Tapatalk

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •