Hey everyone, I have another crazy project.....

Over the past 3 weeks I have been working on a digital dash project.
As of now I am only working on the software side, eventually I will have to make changes to fit whatever screen I end up using

The Program is called Processing, which is a type of java.
I have the program running and talking to an Arduino board. The program takes values from the Arduino and applies it to the gauges. As of right now I have a screen hooked up with a menu so I can pick the value I want to send. Eventually sensor data will be polled and sent.

Once I have have the ground work done I'll be making quite a few different dashboard types that can be selected though the dash menu system.

I posted a a few pics and 2 videos. I have more work done, but I don't have permission to use this person's image I used so I'll post more as I redraw it.
The font is wrong, but I will change that later. Anyone know the name of the font?

eventually I will have it installed in the car (maybe by the show in July, I'm hoping)

menu.jpg

opening.jpg

vector.jpg

12208872_406705272856913_2362472409359688842_n.jpg

The fade in looks choppy in the youtube video, it doesn't look like that in person.
Digital dash startup

Digital dash with 95mph Back to the future speedometer.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OS_9jOMqw4A

p.s. Does anyone have any high res shots of the prototype dash? I want to model it as a working dash. I have quite a few pictures but I cannot get enough detail on it.

thanks for looking
-Kevin