FRAMING JOHN DELOREAN - ON VOD www.framingjohndeloreanfilm.com
Page 22 of 24 FirstFirst ... 12 20 21 22 23 24 LastLast

Thread: Digital Dash Project

My VIN:    10588

Club(s):   (NCDMC) (DCUK)

This is incredible. I just spent almost 2 hours reading through everything.
    AMAZING
    -Luigi-
    Thank you ALL for your patience and your tremendous help!

1982 VIN#10588 Build Date Dec '81

My VIN:    4877

Club(s):   (PNDC)

Yeah it is...I want one...lol
    Rob Depew
    Tacoma, Wa
    '81 DeLorean 4877 Grey, Auto, 4 wheels
    The Ressurection of 4877......
    Website
    YouTube
    My Patreon

My VIN:    5180

Club(s):   (DMWC) (DCUK)

Wow, I haven't looked at this thread in awhile.

I'm pretty sure when Disarming that Bomb you're supposed to cut THE Red wire. Or is it the other red wire.

I hope you are marking them somehow.

In all seriousness, the design work is mind blowing. Will this be available in Heath-kit form?
    DENNIS

VIN 5180, Frame 3652, STAGE II​, DM-eng Solid State Solutions (RPM Rly, Dm.Lt.Mod., Fan Fail Mod. , FAN Rly, HS.Rly) , HID headlights, SPAX user since 2009, Eibach springs, M Adj. Rear LCA's, DPNW poly-sway bar kit, DMCEU LCA Stabilizer link kit, DMCMW Illuminated door sills, Aussie Illuminated SS Shifter plate, REAL MOMO EVO Steering wheel, DELOREANA Extended View Side Mirrors w/ Heaters, DELOREANA LED Door Lights.

My VIN:    909

Club(s):   (DCO) (DCUK)

Update

Sorry for the lack of updates, live gets in the way sometimes

What have been up to the past 5 months?

I am officially an owner, meaning I now have my car titled and plated in my name. I have been waiting until it was official until I updated my profile here.

I settled into my now home and workshop

Took the car to a car show in my town. The cars next to mine are my buddies cars, its nice to have friends to go with to car shows with.

Some wiring shots.

Rear shelf

Had my friend take some professional pictures.

I went to Delorean Weekend in Vegas and had great time. I did a presentation on my work and I will post it here soon. Here is a video I showed for it.

Thanks everyone!

My VIN:    4877

Club(s):   (PNDC)

I still soooo want that setup Nice work.
    Rob Depew
    Tacoma, Wa
    '81 DeLorean 4877 Grey, Auto, 4 wheels
    The Ressurection of 4877......
    Website
    YouTube
    My Patreon

My VIN:    <2000

Club(s):   (DCF)

Wow, that looks awesome!! Very modern but appropriate. I can only imagine the hours that you spent designing, building and testing.

Congrats on the car purchase and your new spacious garage/work area.
    Dana

1981 DeLorean DMC-12 (5 Speed, Gas Flap, Black Interior, Windshield Antenna, Dark Gray)
    Restored as "mostly correct, but with flaws corrected". Pictures and comments of my restoration are in the albums section on my profile.
    1985 Chevrolet Corvette, Z51, 4+3 manual
    2006 Dodge Magnum R/T (D/D)
    2010 Camaro SS (Transformers Edition)

My VIN:    10201

This is my first time finally looking through and holy crap is there more? Since the last engine swap thread I went down the rabbit hole of doing an EV conversion and thought maybe I should do a digital dash to display everything.

I'd like to mess with the digital dash while i start saving for the EV components. What is the physical size of the display?

Love the synthwave dashes by the way, that's 100% what I plan on going for.

Does anyone have an update on this? Hopefully it just didn’t stop at a non-functional set of graphics on a screen that fits the dash. I’d install it on mine
    81' gas flap. Sept build. 14k miles. Mostly original. Updating things...

My VIN:    10201

Quote Originally Posted by Redsquall View Post
    Does anyone have an update on this? Hopefully it just didn’t stop at a non-functional set of graphics on a screen that fits the dash. I’d install it on mine
    I emailed him through the forum and commented on the YouTube video featuring it. I haven't gotten a response yet.

Now I've got a raspberry pi with a carberry shield. This will allow me to get can signals from the motor controller. I want to use the code and alter it to work with the signals I get. I'm working on a separate plain text display just to get something first cause I don't want to start this from scratch.

My VIN:    Early

Even if he did finally finish the project, at the end of the day, it wouldn't be anywhere close to a plug and play solution, unless he's been doing some crazy R&D in the past couple years.

Anyone wanting to complete this would have to start their own project, although it would probably include a good set of directions plus software.

Additionally, most owners aren't willing to go the extremes that bttws has gone in modifications. I definitely saw this when I finished my own modern cluster. People just get cold feet when they see the time and money involved in this kind of project.

Hell, there's only a handful of people on this very forum, including me, who are willing to tear extensively into their classic car...resale value be damned.

/end rant

In any case, I'd still like to see this project complete and functional haha.
    Last edited by 81dmc; 06-12-2019 at 09:02 PM.
    Early 81 5spd conversion- DMCH Ground Effects, Double Din, Custom Instrument Cluster, QA1 Suspension, 3.0 PRV with MS3

Page 22 of 24 FirstFirst ... 12 20 21 22 23 24 LastLast