FRAMING JOHN DELOREAN - ON VOD www.framingjohndeloreanfilm.com
Page 5 of 24 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7 15 ... LastLast

Thread: Digital Dash Project

My VIN:    1494

Club(s):   (DMA)

Found my Proto-1 Dashboard pictures. Send me a PM with your email and I will get them over to you. They are not the best, but you could most likely use them to get close. If you require better ones, let me know as I am planning to head down to Florida in both Feb. and March and can stop by DMC Florida and ask if I can get some better shots.
    -----------------------------------------------------------------------
    Steve Cosgrove, Vin. 1494
    "I'm Kicking Through The Walls In My Mind..." - Goo Goo Dolls
    On-going Engine and Car Modifications: http://dmctalk.org/showthread.php?50...Engine-Upgrade

My VIN:    909

Club(s):   (DCO) (DCUK)

Just a quick update, I showed a demo at my Ohio Delorean meeting and got a lot of positive reactions. A few wanted to wanted to buy it for their cars. So, once I have finished and have the unit working in my car... I will look into making a kit for people to buy. No price or specs yet but I know it will be $1000 +. I may be able to run a dash only ( no center stack ) option for cheaper, but that depends on if I can get it to work on other hardware. I have got enough interest that I will keep a kit in mind as I develop it.

In other news, the Microsoft surface pro 3 will not work as my nerve center for dash and center stack. There is a problem with the Intel graphics that all Surfaces and most low-mid laptops use. The drivers will not allow the strange resolution that this lcd panel uses. More research will need to be made, but I may be looking at running a laptop with Nvidia graphics or a small form factor computer with a touch screen. I would lean more toward the laptop because of the battery and the screen being powered and driven by the computer.

that's it for now, here is a video showing full stock dashboard demo

My VIN:    01643

Club(s):   (DCF) (DCO) (DCUK)

This is very cool! Have you worked out how you're going to receive and process inputs from the car for the gauges themselves? Some of them are measured resistance, some are measured voltage, the tachometer is based on pulse counts, and the speedometer (currently) is all mechanical. Plus there's all the warning/indicator lights (turn signals, headlights, etc. Just curious how you're planning to receive and process all of the information. Great work

One of those purists you keep hearing about. sdg3205's Avatar

My VIN:    thirty two 'o five

Club(s):   (PNDC)

Super cool. If you want to save yourself some work you could just peg the oil gauge now

I've always wanted a metric cluster. Amazing how much flexibility I could have with this for the same price as one NOS metric cluster.
    Dave

Here, somewhere.

My VIN:    4877

Club(s):   (PNDC)

Very cool. I'd definately be interested in a kit of some kind, specially one that came with the mounts, etc
    Rob Depew
    Tacoma, Wa
    '81 DeLorean 4877 Grey, Auto, 4 wheels
    The Ressurection of 4877......
    Website
    YouTube
    My Patreon

Working on Prototype 1 Dash Here is a quick image
    proto1.jpg

-Kevin

My VIN:    1494

Club(s):   (DMA)

I have a good screenshot I can send you from the one DeLorean Documentary that is really good, and as I mentioned in my email, I can stop by DMC Flordia the first weekend in Feb. to see if I can get any more detailed shots that you need.

Quote Originally Posted by bttws View Post
    Working on Prototype 1 Dash Here is a quick image
    proto1.jpg

-Kevin
    -----------------------------------------------------------------------
    Steve Cosgrove, Vin. 1494
    "I'm Kicking Through The Walls In My Mind..." - Goo Goo Dolls
    On-going Engine and Car Modifications: http://dmctalk.org/showthread.php?50...Engine-Upgrade

Quote Originally Posted by Grover View Post
    I have a good screenshot I can send you from the one DeLorean Documentary that is really good, and as I mentioned in my email, I can stop by DMC Flordia the first weekend in Feb. to see if I can get any more detailed shots that you need.
    That would be great. My email is [email protected]. any pics from dmc fl would be great. I need clear shots of the icons and warning lights on both sides.

Sent from my XT1095 using Tapatalk

Club(s):   (DCF)

You should make it accept the Megasquirt CAN bus protocol!! add a check engine light!!!

that shouldn't be that hard

Page 5 of 24 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7 15 ... LastLast