FRAMING JOHN DELOREAN - ON VOD www.framingjohndeloreanfilm.com

Thread: Help over Thanksgiving

My VIN:    10201

Help over Thanksgiving

Anyone near acworth that would like to help me get my heater working? I was told at the sedoc meeting that the heater core is probably bypassed.

My VIN:    500 ft pounds torque.

Club(s):   (SEDOC) (DCUK)

If the core is bypassed it's probably because its leaking. If so it needs to be replaced. If that's the case it's a BIG deal. However if Derek is willing, and you wanna come back down to his place, ill do the heater core for you. We will need most the day. I would check the heater valve, and make sure it's turning with the mode switch. You may be lucky and just need a heater valve. It's at the very back of the engine sort of near the slave cylinder. It will move an arm when someone adjusts the heat from hot to cold, shoot, the vacuum line to it may just be unhooked, not allowing it to move. Check these and report back to me. Also check to make sure you have the two small heater lines actually hooked up to the heater core. If not, the core is unplugged and again, probably because it leaks.
    Soundkillr was here.

I was hoping it'd be a simpler than that lol. I'm not really sure what to look for. I tried looking for YouTube videos and I don't have my manual with me.

It's been a while but while searching for parts I found this on the heater core "The most common signs of a heater core failure are a foggy film on your windshield". Im constantly cleaning off a foggy film on my windows.

DMC Midwest - 815.459.6439 DMCMW Dave's Avatar

My VIN:    (former)05429

Club(s):   (DMWC) (DCUK)

Quote Originally Posted by mr_maxime View Post
    It's been a while but while searching for parts I found this on the heater core "The most common signs of a heater core failure are a foggy film on your windshield". Im constantly cleaning off a foggy film on my windows.
    You would also tend to smell antifreeze inside the car. The other thing than puts a foggy film on the windows is excessive use of armor-all type interior products and then parking the car in the sun.

If you want to test the heater core, since you are now living in the south you can safely disconnect it. Near the right front wheel you can see the two hoses coming from the rear of the car. You can either kink both of them off (vise grips) or connect the ends of the to metal lines together (a better test). Or cap them off if you can find a way to do that. If the inside of the windshield stops fogging you can put a heater core on your to-do-list, or live without heat.
    Last edited by DMCMW Dave; 05-19-2016 at 09:39 PM.
    Dave S
    DMC Midwest - retired but helping
    Greenville SC

Quote Originally Posted by DMCMW Dave View Post
    You would also tend to smell antifreeze inside the car. The other thing than puts a foggy film on the windows is excessive use of armor-all type interior products and then parking the car in the sun.

If you want to test the heater core, since you are now living in the south you can safely disconnect it. Near the right front wheel you can see the two hoses coming from the rear of the car. You can either kink both of them off (vise grips) or connect the ends of the to metal lines together (a better test). Or cap them off if you can find a way to do that. If the inside of the windshield stops fogging you can put a heater core on your to-do-list, or live without heat.
    Thanks, Ill try that. The only product I had used on the interior was invisible glass and I dont think there was that much buildup from before I bought the car.