FRAMING JOHN DELOREAN - ON VOD www.framingjohndeloreanfilm.com
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Original documents from my car

My VIN:    10644

Original documents from my car

My first DeLorean didn't come with any original paperwork, so I was pretty excited that my new car came with so much. I don't know if any of this is rare, but I thought I would share. Some of the highlights are the window sticker, still stuck to its original paper, with the "ship to" destination of Consolidated International, the original sales paperwork, warranty info, and ASI radio manual.

IMG_4736.jpgIMG_4737.jpgIMG_4738.jpgIMG_4739.jpgIMG_4740.jpgIMG_4741.jpgIMG_4742.jpgIMG_4743.jpgIMG_4744.jpg

Motors about after dark Michael's Avatar

My VIN:    Your VIN'S mom

Not only that but the paper looks mint!
    http://dmctalk.org/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=90&dateline=161808992  9

My VIN:    2743

Club(s):   (SEDOC) (DCH) (DCUK) (DOC-UK)

Fantastic stuff
    Dermot
    VIN 2743, B/A, Frame 2227, engine 2320

I don't always drive cars, but when I do, I prefer DeLoreans

http://www.will-to-live.org

No-one is to stone anyone, even, and I want to make this absolutely clear, even if they do say "carburetor"

My VIN:    3937

Great collection!

Would you mind taking a photo like you did of the ASI radio manual for the remaining pages? I see sometimes guys are looking for those instructions and you might have one of the last remaining good copies.

Quite the discount off the sticker price, eh? $10k less just to get it to move back in the day. Wow.

Sept. 81, auto, black interior

The 2nd owner told me that the 1st owner purchased the car at an auction. The date on the paperwork is September 23, 1983. Did Consolidated International have one big auction for all the remaining cars on that date, several auctions over time, or maybe they were never auctioned at all?

Quote Originally Posted by BladeBronson View Post
    My first DeLorean didn't come with any original paperwork, so I was pretty excited that my new car came with so much. I don't know if any of this is rare, but I thought I would share. Some of the highlights are the window sticker, still stuck to its original paper, with the "ship to" destination of Consolidated International, the original sales paperwork, warranty info, and ASI radio manual.
    I have some but not all of that. Here's the consolidated service contract for mine. Also a pic of all the other paperwork, although a lot of it is Delorean One and Grady pieces from the 80s and 90s...2015-11-15 08.23.45.jpg20151115_081648-1.jpg20151115_081705-1.jpg

Quote Originally Posted by BladeBronson View Post
    The 2nd owner told me that the 1st owner purchased the car at an auction. The date on the paperwork is September 23, 1983. Did Consolidated International have one big auction for all the remaining cars on that date, several auctions over time, or maybe they were never auctioned at all?
    My Service contract date is 06-16-84.

My car title also lists my car as a 1984 Delorean although the service contract correctly puts it as a 1983. I'm not sure if it's worth the hassle to try to fight a certificate of title description 32 years after it was issued and two owners and two states prior.... The car may be worth more as one of the very limited edition 1984 models ;0)

I've scanned the ASI manual and added the PDF in the Resources section:

http://dmctalk.org/showthread.php?12...I-Radio-Manual

My VIN:    10332

Club(s):   (PNDC)

Apologies for Resurrecting an ancient thread - but are there any hi-res scans or PDF's of these documents? I'd love to reprint some of these just to put them into my glove box folder. I've seen teh Transporter, ASI manual and Owner's guide, but I was thinking about the smaller cards, just for effect at car shows.

Club(s):   (DCF) (DCO) (DCUK)

Quote Originally Posted by mhanch View Post
    Apologies for Resurrecting an ancient thread - but are there any hi-res scans or PDF's of these documents? I'd love to reprint some of these just to put them into my glove box folder. I've seen teh Transporter, ASI manual and Owner's guide, but I was thinking about the smaller cards, just for effect at car shows.
    I have a bunch of original documents, cards, manuals, and DCS literature. E-mail me with specifics and if I have it I'm happy to send you PDFs.
    ~LXA~
    Dunmurry | Stuttgart | Leipzig | Munich | Tochigi | Fremont | Bratislava | Sindelfingen | Kansas City | Oakville | Coventry

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast