FRAMING JOHN DELOREAN - ON VOD www.framingjohndeloreanfilm.com

Thread: clutch bleed issue

My VIN:    4367

clutch bleed issue

I am having trouble locating the bleed screw on the slave clutch cylinder. Cannot really see the slave cylinder and can barely touch it. Any tips? It's starting to look like I am going to have to remove the intake manifold as I cannot see anything down there with the hoses and fuel distributor lines in the way. Any ideas?

Thanks.
    C

Club(s):   (SEDOC) (DCUK)

My VIN:    4055

Club(s):   (DMA)

Quote Originally Posted by lindbergh View Post
    I am having trouble locating the bleed screw on the slave clutch cylinder. Cannot really see the slave cylinder and can barely touch it. Any tips? It's starting to look like I am going to have to remove the intake manifold as I cannot see anything down there with the hoses and fuel distributor lines in the way. Any ideas?

Thanks.
    its a PITA to bleed the clutch from the top. others do it from underneath, hugging the transmission but then you really cant see anything IMO.

here's what i did for getting at the bleeder from up top:
    • remove the lower engine cover
    • get some thick cardboard that's long enough go span both pontoons and lay it over the engine
    • lay on top of the cardboard (and thus the engine) to look down there
    • get some flex head flashlights to get light down there.
    • 8mm wrench (the stubbier the better) to get onto the bleeder valve itself.
    • get some long clear pvc hose to connect to the valve and drop it down to the ground to your used fluid container
    • make the whole thing a 1 man job by swapping out the stock bleeder valve with a speed bleeder (SB7100S-SS M7 x 1.0) is a stainless direct replacement valve.

It's a pain in the butt. I have done one from the top. Not fun, but doable. I think going from underneath would be really difficult without a lift.