FRAMING JOHN DELOREAN - ON VOD www.framingjohndeloreanfilm.com
Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast

Thread: Delorean Campaign

My VIN:    10201

I really dont understand the idea of "saving" deloreans or any classic car really. The vin registry lists 63 as being in museums. Another reason why I dont care about modifying my car. Its not like most things on the road, but it's not like there arent good stock examples already on display and in collections. I'd be more willing to support saving one from a crusher to part it out among the community.

My VIN:    01955

I initially thought the car already belonged to you, but you had to ship it back to Ireland as it was stuck there or something. Didn't realize that you wanted people to fund you to purchase the car for your own enjoyment, than to bring it to Ireland, restore it and then charity auction it off.

"Save a DeLorean and Send it Home!" should be titled "Buy me a Delorean and pay for my shipping!"

Sorry man, but I don't even offer my best mate $$$ to buy his dream car.

I didn't go down the kickstarter route for that very reason. They have deadlines. I don't. If it takes two years, so be it.

I also do have incentives on the gofundme site and I have the flexibility to add more if I wish.

Its run by myself Clark. Im living in Whistler at the minute. That postcode is my home address back in NI.

I have never in my lifetime seen a DeLorean move on the roads of Ireland. My first time I did was the Belfast reunion this year. Might be different in North America? I want to put one back on the road not sit in a museum or in someones garage. The Northern Irish are extremely passionate about this car and immensely proud they built it. They have also been very supportive of the idea. I have had one interview with a national paper so far and one to be done in the coming days.

There was a store in Belfast charging money just to sit in a DeLorean.

Do you pay for tv, buy magazines, buy newspapers? Well I'll be running a Facebook page, twitter account and hopefully a youtube channel for free. Donation to show your appreciation and help fund the car is welcomed but by no means forced. There are plenty of blogs, forums, youtube channels etc asking for donations.

Am I going to run off with the money? Yes. Im going to run off and buy a DeLorean, send it back to Belfast, Restore it and put it on the road for the country to enjoy. It will be driven to events all over the country for the public to enjoy.

Will I make the £25000 target? Yes. I'll be putting up my own hard earned cash into the project as well.

Our you buying me a car? Well my name will be on the title, but your buying the people of Northern Ireland the chance to see one of these on the road. I'm not asking for £25k from any one individual. You can donate £5 thats half the price of a packet of Cigarettes or the price of a pint in NI.

Will the photographer be annoyed I used his photo? I have no idea. If he wants credit for it, or removal I am happy to do either. The gofundme page has had over 500 hits. The Facebook page has had over 1200 clicks. Pretty good promotion for him if you ask me.

Support it if you wish if not, I'm not offended. Everyone is entitled to there own opinion.

My VIN:    5003 Never placed Concourse

Club(s):   (DCF)

I'm curious what the youtube channel will be used for?
    -----Dan B.

My VIN:    3937

How old are you there, sport? You sound like you're probably still in your teens.

Good for you to have some ambition, if that's what you want to call having the nerve to put together your "campaign." You might want to refocus some of that ambition in a direction where you actually earn what you get. Asking isn't earning and it isn't related to any kind of effort either.

Maybe this is a more socially acceptable version of panhandling? It doesn't seem a lot different than a bum on the street corner asking for spare change 'cause he's down on his luck. My guess though is that you aren't hurting for the necessities of life, and are only too lazy to earn anything above what your allowance will buy you.

This reeks of that kid a few years ago that found the "abandoned" DeLorean and went over the fence in the winter to video it and then muster up support to help him get it signed over into his name because the actual owner clearly didn't deserve to own the car and let it sit there like that. What was the line from BTTF that went with that kid? "He's an idiot. Comes from upbringing. His parents are probably idiots too." Seems to me like this is another one of those.

Sept. 81, auto, black interior

Can't see how its idiotic to get a abandoned car legally signed over to you. If I'd known that was possible I may of tried the same thing.
    Everyone here seems to be getting angry with the wrong thing.
    If you don't agree with abandoned cars being signed over...... Change the law.
    If you think this guy is lazy and taking the pi$$ asking for you financial help....... Don't give him any financial help.
    Simples........
    I loves my grooves!

My VIN:    5003 Never placed Concourse

Club(s):   (DCF)

Only it was not abandoned if I remember correctly...
    It was sitting on someone's yard not running and neglected but not abandoned.

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk
    Last edited by dn010; 12-17-2015 at 07:03 PM.
    -----Dan B.

My VIN:    3937

Yea, Dan remembers.

That discussion, and this one too, was around entitlement and not what the law says you can and can't do. At some point we all might realize there ain't going to be a cop on every corner watching what you do and handing out tickets, and because of that, maybe conclude there are a few things in life you need to self govern. Your own president made that same statement over 200 years ago. Look it up.

Sept. 81, auto, black interior

My VIN:    6585

Quote Originally Posted by 88KPH View Post
    Can't see how its idiotic to get a abandoned car legally signed over to you. If I'd known that was possible I may of tried the same thing.
    Everyone here seems to be getting angry with the wrong thing.
    If you don't agree with abandoned cars being signed over...... Change the law.
    If the city seizes property, they can then liquidate it. Sometimes by auction, sometimes by cash offer(s) from private buyers. My father did that 20 something years ago with a trailer. He saw it sitting at the old dog pound in Burbank, behind the water treatment plant. Anyways, there was this massive travel trailer there. The damn thing was so old, the tires were from the 1960's. Anyway, he saw it, and had plans for tearing it down to the frame and possibly rebuilding it as a storage trailer to flip. So he went to city hall, spoke with some people who didn't even know that this thing was sitting on their property, and said they'd send out someone to survey it. In the mean time he just wrote up and signed a brief letter stating the trailer's location, a description, and and a cash offer to buy the thing for $100.

A month later he got an official letter accepting his offer, and a total due that included sales tax and where to remit payment. He was so excited, and my mother was rather surprised... and disappointed when she saw it.

Let's just say that as bad as everyone complains about mice droppings and nests that you've had to clean out of cars you're restoring, you got lucky. Because no one ever says, "Hey guys. the PO was a homeless crackwhore that ate garbage and dog food in here. What's the best way to safely remove literal piles of human feces, as well as used condoms & crack pipes from the carpet?" Spiders? Mice? No problem. I've seen some shit that was far worse...

Anyways, getting back to the point... Yeah, this entitlement thing of wanting to start finding a way to legally steal people's property because you want it is just wrong on so many levels, and exactly why I don't tell anyone where my car is stored at.
    Robert

People they come together, people they fall apart...

Sorry I haven't got a president. I have a un-elected monarch, and over the years they have said & done many outrageous things.
    I am un-aware of the story, but you seem to be saying, it was done legally. Either the law is wrong or wasn't implemented correctly. Making the action illegal.
    I loves my grooves!

Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast