FRAMING JOHN DELOREAN - ON VOD www.framingjohndeloreanfilm.com
Page 8 of 11 FirstFirst ... 6 7 8 9 10 ... LastLast

Thread: Josh Q/VIN 3307's Custom DPI Twin-Turbo E.F.I. Project Build

Quote Originally Posted by dn010 View Post
    It all really depends on how you'd like to affix these but I used the 6 3/4 wheel with slots so I could bolt it on and adjust it as necessary. With the slots I suppose you can also weld it on but be careful with the balance of it.

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk
    I'd prefer to bolt on than weld on. Assuming i center it and use the same bolts, nuts, and washers, balancing should not be an issue?

Not a DeLorean Guru

My VIN:    01049

Why? Welding will be a permanent solution that can't suffer from timing drift should bolts loosen.
    -Mike

My engine twists my frame.

1981 DeLorean, Carb LS4 swap completed
    1999 Corvette, cam/headers/intake manifold, 400 rwhp
    2005 Elise, stock
    2016 Chevy Cruze

Quote Originally Posted by opethmike View Post
    Why? Welding will be a permanent solution that can't suffer from timing drift should bolts loosen.
    The main reason is that I don't have welding experience, nor do I have a welder. So I would have to get another person involved which I would prefer not to do.
    My solution would be to use locktite and correct tightening to prevent timing drift.

My VIN:    5003 Never placed Concourse

Club(s):   (DCF)

I bolted mine using loctite as well. I did not weld so that I can move the wheel in the future should I need to relocate my sensor. Using all the same hardware and locating the holes precisely, I do not have any balance issues nor have the bolts ever loosened.

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk
    -----Dan B.

President, DeLorean Industries

My VIN:    5646,5080, 5880, 10234, 3639, 2518, 10586, 1538

Yeah... dec 22nd. Right around when Christianity obstructed me from productivity. Couple that with a Hokey religions and ancient weapons in theaters and that about sums up the last few weeks.

President, DeLorean Industries

My VIN:    5646,5080, 5880, 10234, 3639, 2518, 10586, 1538

We meter mailed the last fitting usps to the jeggs address the same week you picked up the initial components. I knew you were in a hurry and wanted the parts asap so we had everything minus the JIC shipped next day after payment.

A "road map" on how I would do this and or would expect it to be done seems redundant. My method for this process is the only one that matters. I won't waste my time or breath on the subject once an opinionated discussion starts. As soon as I noted we were polling the community at large for advice on how to finish this project after I pretty much already spelled it out I just stepped back and started monitoring the discussion to prevent any major disasters.

Not a DeLorean Guru

Quote Originally Posted by DeloreanJoshQ View Post
    As Josh DPI stated, "Stock idle motors are not ideal for forced induction in this case. Also the cold start tube needs to be removed and the intake manifold plugged. The distance from the throttle plate to idle motor in the stock application is too great. You need the idle motor as close to the throttle body as possible."
    Therefore, I need to locate the motor as close as possible to the throttle body and I would assume the connections have to also be moved closer to the throttle body. It is the locations that I do not know of and am seeking answers to.
    Okay, but why? I'd like to understand they physics behind why those choices aren't good enough.
    -Mike

2005 Elise, stock
    2016 Chevy Cruze

Not a DeLorean Guru

Actually, nevermind; I give up on this thread.
    -Mike

2005 Elise, stock
    2016 Chevy Cruze

Quote Originally Posted by DPI JOSH View Post
    We meter mailed the last fitting usps to the jeggs address the same week you picked up the initial components. I knew you were in a hurry and wanted the parts asap so we had everything minus the JIC shipped next day after payment.

A "road map" on how I would do this and or would expect it to be done seems redundant. My method for this process is the only one that matters. I won't waste my time or breath on the subject once an opinionated discussion starts. As soon as I noted we were polling the community at large for advice on how to finish this project after I pretty much already spelled it out I just stepped back and started monitoring the discussion to prevent any major disasters.
    Josh, would you please pm me tracking number and package description? I checked the warehouse and still don't have the fitting or the blow off valves dump pipes.
    Also, would you please pm me the instructions if you dont want to post them here? There are still loose ends to tie up. Thanks again.

Quote Originally Posted by opethmike View Post
    Okay, but why? I'd like to understand they physics behind why those choices aren't good enough.
    Mike, I am guessing that the reason the idle speed motor has to be as close to the throttle body as possible is due to the response time when opening and closing the throttle blades. Most idle speed motors on newer vehicles follow this rule. The extra vacuum hose must cause a slight delay in response time and therefore smoother transition is not as easy to achieve.
    I'm also guessing that the stepper motor design is more desired for the same reason; the originals will most likely work, but the updated designs provide better performance.

Page 8 of 11 FirstFirst ... 6 7 8 9 10 ... LastLast