FRAMING JOHN DELOREAN - ON VOD www.framingjohndeloreanfilm.com
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast

Thread: Who can be trusted to work on a Delorean?

My VIN:    2743

Club(s):   (SEDOC) (DCH) (DCUK) (DOC-UK)

Quote Originally Posted by David T View Post
    For whatever reason the only "reply" button that appears for me is the "reply to quote" button. I do not always delete the quote. I freely admit I am not the best when it comes to the Internet and am not even a a good typist. I see no connection between that and my knowledge and experience fixing Deloreans. As for ANY advice given, especially on the internet, you must consider it carefully and decide if it is safe, practical, and useful. You should also consider it's source. In the end it is up to the reader what advice to follow.
    David, agreed. mastery of the internet and mastery of DeLoreans are not linked. If this was a computer programming forum, I could see the connection.

by the way, the "Reply to Thread" button is over on the left side

<<<<<<<<
    Dermot
    VIN 2743, B/A, Frame 2227, engine 2320

I don't always drive cars, but when I do, I prefer DeLoreans

http://www.will-to-live.org

No-one is to stone anyone, even, and I want to make this absolutely clear, even if they do say "carburetor"

One of those purists you keep hearing about. sdg3205's Avatar

My VIN:    thirty two 'o five

Club(s):   (PNDC)

Unless I missed it, you still haven't specified where you live. At any rate, sometimes you DO have to visit a reputable vendor, at least it is recommended. For example, the windshield on the Delorean requires special installation considerations. In my case, when I needed it replaced or my R-12 filled, I made a 12 hr round trip from Vancouver Canada to Seattle WA to get the work done. No one in Canada touches r-12.

Sometimes you gotta do it.
    Dave

Here, somewhere.

My VIN:    6585

Quote Originally Posted by Michael View Post
    Looks like I am going to have to start writing "DMCVegas" length posts.

It will be gone soon enough...only have around 60 more filters to sell to break even.

I AM THE ONE WHO POSTS!

Seriously though, take your car to an old school Volvo mechanic that knows K-Jetronic, and post your location to see if anyone near by can tell you where one is at.
    Robert

People they come together, people they fall apart...

Not a DeLorean Guru

My VIN:    01049

For whatever reason the only "reply" button that appears for me is the "reply to quote" button. I do not always delete the quote. I freely admit I am not the best when it comes to the Internet and am not even a a good typist. I see no connection between that and my knowledge and experience fixing Deloreans. As for ANY advice given, especially on the internet, you must consider it carefully and decide if it is safe, practical, and useful. You should also consider it's source. In the end it is up to the reader what advice to follow.
    So you're not a keyboard guru then? I'm surprised; 'cause you usually do a lot of guru-ing.
    -Mike

My engine twists my frame.

1981 DeLorean, Carb LS4 swap completed
    1999 Corvette, cam/headers/intake manifold, 400 rwhp
    2005 Elise, stock
    2016 Chevy Cruze

One of those purists you keep hearing about. sdg3205's Avatar

My VIN:    thirty two 'o five

Club(s):   (PNDC)

Quote Originally Posted by opethmike View Post
    So you're not a keyboard guru then? I'm surprised; 'cause you usually do a lot of guru-ing.
    vrsjx.jpg
    Dave

Here, somewhere.

My VIN:    005058 000927

Club(s):   (AZ-D) (DMA) (DOA) (DCUK)

To guru or not to guru? Is this a question?
    Rob

If you're just looking to reply to the entire thread itself, there should be a large blue button in the lower left hand corner at the bottom of the list of posts. You just need to scroll all the way down to the bottom of the page itself to find it.

All joking aside though, sometimes the layouts on pages can look different across platforms, or various websites. Even I have run into situations like that myself where someone coded a website one way, and I can't figure out which pane to scroll down on because I'm using a completely different browser/OS than what the author who coded the site did. And don't get me started on layouts…

Point being, it's great to geek out and whatnot, like over in the MEME FIGHT! thread where some of us get to banter back and forth with some of that caustic humor and whatnot using graphics, and even some inside jokes. But still, let's also be welcoming with the technical questions even about the web site too. Remember, there are still probably thousands of other DeLorean owners out there that are either barley lurking, nor not even online at all. We occasionally run into the in the wild. So in case one of them comes along, let's still be welcoming on the computing side of things here so we don't chase anyone off before they even come in.

Just my 2 tokens...
    Robert

Not a DeLorean Guru

My VIN:    01049

That's an unusually abridged post for you, Robert. Are you feeling okay?
    -Mike

My engine twists my frame.

1981 DeLorean, Carb LS4 swap completed
    1999 Corvette, cam/headers/intake manifold, 400 rwhp
    2005 Elise, stock
    2016 Chevy Cruze

That's an unusually abridged post for you, Robert. Are you feeling okay?
    Robert

Quote Originally Posted by Scootdive View Post
    I'm a relatively new Delorean owner and I'm trying to decide who I should let work on my car
    Trust no one.

Plan, Research, Watch YouTube videos, disseminate, read, question. Borrow tools. Ask for help. DIY.
    Gotta learn somewhere.

Unless everyone tells you not to DIY. Then don't DIY.

Otherwise, odds are good that someone else (professional or not) can not fix it just as well as you can, just for more money. You can do it cheaper, gentler, and can probably figure it out.

Unless you don't want to DIY, and just want to pay someone.
    Then bribe someone here to help.

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast