So as we all know, the original center console clock modules are well over 30 years old by now and fail fairly often. There have been many clock replacements made all fairly good, but I haven't seen any drop-in modules that use a VFD (vacuum fluorescent display). I love the look of VFDs and think they look better in a stock DeLorean than LEDs do, so I decided to make a drop-in clock module replacement PCB that used the original VFD.

Features:
- Looks completely stock
- Fits in original case
- Keeps much better time than the original (±3min/year)
- Battery-backed, so it keeps time if you disconnect the battery (Backup battery should last 2.5yrs out of a car, 10
- Uses less power than stock when on and when off
- 12 and 24-hour modes
- Adjustable brightness
- Change whether colon flashes or not

To set the time, you do exactly as you do with the stock clock module - just hold one of the buttons until the minute or hour starts incrementing. But if you hold down both buttons for a couple seconds, you'll be taken to a menu where you can change the options.

I'm looking to get these available for sale to the community. But to do so, I first need a lot of road testing of the prototypes I currently have. I can't do it myself because I don't have a DeLorean yet! So I'm looking for two members of the community (only have two prototypes to give at the moment) who would be willing to install one of these in their car.

If you want to get one of these clock modules to test, I am looking for members who meet the following requirements:
- Obviously, you need to have a DeLorean with a hole for a clock module.
- Is willing to put the module in their car right away so it can start being used immediately.
- You need to have an original clock module case front and buttons! I can only give you the back half of the case. You need to supply the two buttons and green plastic front.
- DD's their DeLorean. I don't want to send off my two prototypes only to have them sit unused in a car all winter!
- Will be willing to send the prototype back eventually (probably after 3-5 months or so).

If you meet the above requirements, please shoot me a message and we'll discuss it!

For the rest of you, here's a few pictures of the clock (sorry for the poor photos, my camera is ancient).
Front and back of the populated PCB (no display, of course):

Showing the time in 12 and 24 hour modes, then the four menu options (12/24 hour mode, high brightness level, low brightness level, colon flash on/off):

Thanks to thirdmanj for the photo I used for the DeLorean on the back of the PCB - http://dmctalk.org/showthread.php?40...ll=1#post58031
I'm sorry I didn't ask you first! If you want, I can take it off future versions of the board.