FRAMING JOHN DELOREAN - ON VOD www.framingjohndeloreanfilm.com
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast

Thread: New Clock Module - Looking for Testers

My VIN:    2567 (Sold)

Quote Originally Posted by Nicholas R View Post

Also, correct me if I'm wrong, but there is a tiny screw inside the clock that you can adjust to speed up or slow down the time right? I used to have a post saved where someone explained how to adjust the speed, but it was on the old .com site. I think that I lost that document in a hard drive crash a few years ago.
    Wow I didn't know about a speed adjustment screw. Mine is about 3 min/week faster. I wish I can slow it down a little.

My VIN:    03572

Quote Originally Posted by Nicholas R View Post
    I think your clock might be a little bit funky. My clock has always worked like any normal clock with a minute and hour adjustment button. One button increases the minutes, one increases the hour. If you push either, the number immediately changes. If you push and hold, after a second or two, the numbers begin to increase incrementally. On mine, the minute does not roll over the hour; it just goes back to :00 of the same hour.

Also, correct me if I'm wrong, but there is a tiny screw inside the clock that you can adjust to speed up or slow down the time right? I used to have a post saved where someone explained how to adjust the speed, but it was on the old .com site. I think that I lost that document in a hard drive crash a few years ago.
    It maybe my clock was a little funky. I've since replaced it with one from over the pond.

Yes there is a little "trimmer capacitor" that can do minor adjustments to the crystal frequency. That should let you do minor adjustments to clock accuracy. I think I remember the "trimmer" just rolls over so you want to mark the current adjustment and probably make a 1/4 turn change to see if you moved it the right way (got slower or got faster). So when you have made a full turn your back where you started.
    Dave M vin 03572
    http://dm-eng.weebly.com/

My VIN:    <2000

Club(s):   (DCF)

Clock module test

Hi there,
    I have agreed to test this clock for Mario. I installed it today and it was a 10 minute job to remove the old one, change the cover, and reinstall the new one. Here are a few pictures:

New clock arrived:
    image.jpg

Old clock:
    image.jpg

Swapping the cover and buttons:
    image.jpg

New clock installed. The time was already correct thanks to the battery backup and prior setting by Mario:
    image.jpg

New clock in 24 hour mode:
    image.jpg

My first impression that it is a high quality clock.

It looks very much like OEM (a good thing in my opinion). You can change the time by pressing the hour or minute buttons for a few seconds. To enter the menu, you just have to press them both for 3 to 4 seconds. I just tried the 12/24 hour mode today, but will try the brightness and colon flash modes later.

Cheers,
    Dana

1981 DeLorean DMC-12 (5 Speed, Gas Flap, Black Interior, Windshield Antenna, Dark Gray)
    Restored as "mostly correct, but with flaws corrected". Pictures and comments of my restoration are in the albums section on my profile.
    1985 Chevrolet Corvette, Z51, 4+3 manual
    2006 Dodge Magnum R/T (D/D)
    2010 Camaro SS (Transformers Edition)

Thanks for the favorable review! I'm glad it looks stock as that was the main goal. The brightness and colon flashing settings are not terribly interesting unless you happen to care about those things. I personally like having the interior lights in my cars to be very dim at night, so I'll be using that setting when I get my DeLorean.

My VIN:    3997

I would be willing to test for you if you'd like. My car is a daily driver. So let me know.

-Ryan
    Living The Dream Since 2005 - VIN#3997

My VIN:    005058 000927

Club(s):   (AZ-D) (DMA) (DOA) (DCUK)

Quote Originally Posted by Ryan King View Post
    I would be willing to test for you if you'd like. My car is a daily driver. So let me know.

-Ryan
    Good Ryan luck as his vetting process is pretty stiff! I didn't cut the mustard as "Greenie" is not a daily driver. I did offer to rotate it into customer cars as I do lots of shakedown testing on our restorations but no dice! I guess I wont be marketing these things?
    Rob

Quote Originally Posted by PJ Grady Inc. View Post
    Good Ryan luck as his vetting process is pretty stiff! I didn't cut the mustard as "Greenie" is not a daily driver. I did offer to rotate it into customer cars as I do lots of shakedown testing on our restorations but no dice!
    Sorry Rob! I don't know how often you test cars and I wasn't sure if it would be used as often as it would be in a daily. It also doesn't really represent a normal use case.

Quote Originally Posted by PJ Grady Inc. View Post
    I guess I wont be marketing these things?
    You are free to do what you like. I have been talking to another vendor for a while now, but more would be appreciated, of course. I could just sell them myself, the market isn't that large.
    The LED version might sell better because it will be cheaper (and more readily available). You will be free to stock them if you want to (or don't, doesn't make a huge difference to me).

My hope is to open-source both designs so you could even make your own if you wanted, but we'll see if I end up doing that (depends on negotiations with said vendor).

Quote Originally Posted by Ryan King View Post

-Ryan
    I have somebody else lined up already, but I will let you know if I get more prototypes made!

My VIN:    005058 000927

Club(s):   (AZ-D) (DMA) (DOA) (DCUK)

I understand it would not be a normal use case. It looks good however so I'd still be interested if you want more than one vendor involved. If so PM me with any proposal you may have.
    Rob

I am interested in following this and if it works well I would like to purchase one. I tried the "DeClock" version and I am not happy with the outcome; it was too dim compared to the stock one and didn't look "stock". Let me know when these are available for purchase and the price. Keep up the progress!

I am interested in following this and if it works well I would like to purchase one. I tried the "DeClock" version and I am not happy with the outcome; it was too dim compared to the stock one and didn't look "stock". Let me know when these are available for purchase and the price. Keep up the progress!

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast