FRAMING JOHN DELOREAN - ON VOD www.framingjohndeloreanfilm.com
Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5

Thread: Intermittent Sputtering

My VIN:    03572

Quote Originally Posted by SShaw View Post
    I just leaned it out a little (counter clockwise) and at idle the FV buzzed consistently and the dwell held steady at 21 (42). Does that make sense? Could it have been so rich it was effecting the FV?
    Yes. When the engine has warmed up, the O2 sensor starts working (generating voltage) and that drives the lambda ECU to vary the dwell to the FV according to the mixture. With everything working, it takes less than a 1/4 turn of the mixture screw to drive the lambda ECU to it's minimum or maximum dwell (about 10 deg min, about 85 deg max). When your at those min/max points, the FV buzz is very little.
    Dave M vin 03572
    http://dm-eng.weebly.com/

My VIN:    005058 000927

Club(s):   (AZ-D) (DMA) (DOA) (DCUK)

Tuneup time?

Quote Originally Posted by SShaw View Post
    There has been a lot of dew in the mornings recently which could maybe cause that? I don't know. Maybe I'll give it another week to try and isolate the circumstances before pulling out the fuel pump.
    Yes the dew could be causing your wires to arc intermittently if they are due (No pun intended) for replacement. We have a file on two PO's of your car dating from 1987 to '97 and that's the year we last did a tuneup on the car. If it hasn't been done since this is likely your problem. Do not adjust the CO until all other engine issues have been addressed. If you send a pic I could probably determine if the wires came from us and therefore their age.
    Rob

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5