FRAMING JOHN DELOREAN - ON VOD www.framingjohndeloreanfilm.com
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Starter Relay Mod

Thanks, I will go look at that now. I will have to eat some crow this am though. It did actually start as normal, even though the fans had came on prior, last night. Could it be a problem in the ignition switch??

Though I now feel like I should wear a helmet while walking. I have the mod installed. Thanks to all of you that helped out. I almost went full retard on this one.

My VIN:    958

Hi Everyone,

Sorry to dig this thread up from the grave, but I'm about to do this mod and have a couple questions:

1: Does it matter which post on the circuit breaker the brown wire is attached to?
    2: I have been having some non-start issues that I thought were symptoms of a bad starter solenoid. After installing the Eagle starter, the same issues are continuing. Is it reasonably likely that the mod will fix those issues?

My VIN:    03572

Quote Originally Posted by Addy View Post
    Hi Everyone,

Sorry to dig this thread up from the grave, but I'm about to do this mod and have a couple questions:

1: Does it matter which post on the circuit breaker the brown wire is attached to?
    2: I have been having some non-start issues that I thought were symptoms of a bad starter solenoid. After installing the Eagle starter, the same issues are continuing. Is it reasonably likely that the mod will fix those issues?
    I don't think it matters on the breaker but I did see some breakers marked "load" and "battery".

Yes I think all the cars should get this fix to get full voltage to the starter solenoid.
    Dave M vin 03572
    http://dm-eng.weebly.com/

My VIN:    3695

Club(s):   (DCN)

Dave,

Thank you for making all these mods. Welmoed showed a few of the new ones to me today. I am especially impressed by the solid state starter relay. We exchanged some thoughts, i had the feeling he really liked my 'Declock'. And your Courtesy Light Delay Module works super, even after so many years.

Quote Originally Posted by robvanderveer View Post
    Dave,

Thank you for making all these mods. Welmoed showed a few of the new ones to me today. I am especially impressed by the solid state starter relay. We exchanged some thoughts, i had the feeling he really liked my 'Declock'. And your Courtesy Light Delay Module works super, even after so many years.
    I don't sell or use my solid state starter relay anymore. There is just to much inductive damaging voltages on that circuit to guarantee the solid state relay will last. Besides, it's only powered during cranking the engine so silent and lower power does not gain you anything. When I had my bulkhead connectors pulled, one fell onto some of the pins of another connector and the starter relay blew out shorted. Needless to say I should have had the battery disconnected but that got done very quickly.
    Dave M vin 03572

My VIN:    3695

Club(s):   (DCN)

I consider that a learningcurve

Nevertheless, thank you for your contributions to the community. I'm in a good mood, so take the compliment please.

Quote Originally Posted by robvanderveer View Post
    I consider that a learningcurve

Nevertheless, thank you for your contributions to the community. I'm in a good mood, so take the compliment please.
    Thanks.
    Dave M vin 03572

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2