FRAMING JOHN DELOREAN - ON VOD www.framingjohndeloreanfilm.com
Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6 7 LastLast

Thread: VIN 1171 wrecked. For sale on EBay.

Quote Originally Posted by citizen View Post
    Did you happen to record the frame number?

And, do you care to reveal what city in the UK you are in?

What - I do need..is proof of the orginal registration date. The title only states the build date and the year. I require the actual date of registration. I know I can get the first owner sheet from the Delorean museum - but it takes ages to come. Is there any other resource I can get the date from?

My VIN:    2743

Club(s):   (SEDOC) (DCH) (DCUK) (DOC-UK)

Even if you get it Simon, that doc won't give you the date of first registration, just when the car was sold.

I would suggest checking with the guys on deloreaneurotec.uk or deloreans.co.uk as this is a common issue that they know how to overcome.

Did you have any issue with the DVLA with your rebuilt title?
    Dermot
    VIN 2743, B/A, Frame 2227, engine 2320

I don't always drive cars, but when I do, I prefer DeLoreans

http://www.will-to-live.org

No-one is to stone anyone, even, and I want to make this absolutely clear, even if they do say "carburetor"

My VIN:    6585

Quote Originally Posted by Simon5484 View Post
    What - I do need..is proof of the orginal registration date. The title only states the build date and the year. I require the actual date of registration. I know I can get the first owner sheet from the Delorean museum - but it takes ages to come. Is there any other resource I can get the date from?
    Call up DMCH, or e-mail James Espy. You can get the information quickly that way since it appears that they also have the initial Warranty Card as well. Unless you need an official copy of the original registration.

Once you know the original state it came from, you can contact that state's DMV or Public Safety office to find out about obtaining a copy of the registration. States such as California have everything archived in microfiche and can get you a copy for a fee ($20 if memory serves).

Nice pictures by the way! That's one helluva nice repair job!
    Robert

People they come together, people they fall apart...

Quote Originally Posted by Dangermouse View Post
    Even if you get it Simon, that doc won't give you the date of first registration, just when the car was sold.

I would suggest checking with the guys on deloreaneurotec.uk or deloreans.co.uk as this is a common issue that they know how to overcome.

Did you have any issue with the DVLA with your rebuilt title?
    Hi - no issue with rebuilt title - car has passed full MOT - no diff to rebuilding any classical - date when sold should be fine - they just need a guide for the logbook.

Quote Originally Posted by DMCVegas View Post
    Call up DMCH, or e-mail James Espy. You can get the information quickly that way since it appears that they also have the initial Warranty Card as well. Unless you need an official copy of the original registration.

Once you know the original state it came from, you can contact that state's DMV or Public Safety office to find out about obtaining a copy of the registration. States such as California have everything archived in microfiche and can get you a copy for a fee ($20 if memory serves).

Nice pictures by the way! That's one helluva nice repair job!
    Thank you it was (and is) a labour of love such a clean chassis etc and a lovely engine - far to good to waste

Thanks for the info - that's really useful - will let you know how I get on

My VIN:    2743

Club(s):   (SEDOC) (DCH) (DCUK) (DOC-UK)

Quote Originally Posted by Simon5484 View Post
    Hi - no issue with rebuilt title - car has passed full MOT - no diff to rebuilding any classical - date when sold should be fine - they just need a guide for the logbook.
    Will you get a clean V5C or will it show Cat C or D or something?
    Dermot
    VIN 2743, B/A, Frame 2227, engine 2320

I don't always drive cars, but when I do, I prefer DeLoreans

http://www.will-to-live.org

No-one is to stone anyone, even, and I want to make this absolutely clear, even if they do say "carburetor"

Quote Originally Posted by Dangermouse View Post
    Will you get a clean V5C or will it show Cat C or D or something?
    Hey, the logbook never shows that stuff - that's just added to a database by uk insurers based upon their decisions after an accident. The damage was very limited - probably wouldn't have been a write off over here at all due to the higher values of Deloreans in the UK.

Not really bothered either way as will never be sold 😀

My VIN:    3997

Car looks great. I went back over the accident photos and it really wasn't a total loss.

If anyone said to part it out, you're ridiculous. Nice to see an early VIN car saved.
    Living The Dream Since 2005 - VIN#3997

My VIN:    1710

Quote Originally Posted by Ryan King View Post
    Car looks great. I went back over the accident photos and it really wasn't a total loss.

If anyone said to part it out, you're ridiculous. Nice to see an early VIN car saved.
    I don't think having an opinion that this car was a write off was ridiculous; just pragmatic. The high asking price + high repair estimate + extremely reduced residual value due to a salvage title made repairing the car in North America financially unsound. I forget that cars like these are increasingly saved from death by being purchased by overseas buyers, though. I too am a huge fan of the early cars, and an even bigger fan of the original wide stripes. So many people remove unique details like the dark wheels and wide stripes- I'm so glad this car has been preserved.
    Louie Golden

Quote Originally Posted by louielouie2000 View Post
    I don't think having an opinion that this car was a write off was ridiculous; just pragmatic. The high asking price + high repair estimate + extremely reduced residual value due to a salvage title made repairing the car in North America financially unsound. I forget that cars like these are increasingly saved from death by being purchased by overseas buyers, though. I too am a huge fan of the early cars, and an even bigger fan of the original wide stripes. So many people remove unique details like the dark wheels and wide stripes- I'm so glad this car has been preserved.
    Hi - thanks guys - I suppose the labour cost would have been pretty substantial - but I can't tell you how clean the frame and engine were. Even the clock works

Yeah - I agree about the early cars - love the stripe and everyone always comments on the wheels - I think they are very cool still a number of jobs to do - but it is a Delorean

I'll post some resto pics tomorrow 😐

Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6 7 LastLast