FRAMING JOHN DELOREAN - ON VOD www.framingjohndeloreanfilm.com
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: 1982 DMC-12 with 17,300 miles for sale

Quote Originally Posted by GS450-Junkie View Post
    Car ever sell?
    No it hasn't but I posted the ad in the winter so what classic cars ever sell in the winter? Plus I'm totally not motivated to sell it. I just love it so much, but the car still is for sale.

Update with more pics

Newest update on the car. It now has 17,500 miles and some bulletized items:

-Valve cover gasket fixed and not leaking even a tad.
    -Left Axle seal discovered leaking, but scheduled appointment to replace this and replace seized drain plug for this month (June)
    -Full detail accomplished and pictures reflect this latest detail.
    -Still working on title issue, but will be registering car in CT this month and am working with DMV to rectify. Title story is in initial posting. I have documents showing ownership of car, but it's older than 20 years so no state will title it without some...creative urging.
    -Replaced some corroded metal parts with new stainless ones.
    -Installed cold air hose. Thought this would do nothing, but it made sense to take air from somewhere other than the hot engine bay and it actually got a bit more peppy! I was really surprised. It's not much, but I'll take it.

Car is still offered at $38,500 OBO. I'm conducting a full court press to sell the car this summer. After Axle seal replacement at PJ Grady the car will need nothing (until it needs something...). Am available for test drives and will drive to you within 60 miles if you want.

Pictures reflect every flaw and every accolade. I tried to represent the car equally. I'm not trying to hide anything. The car isn't perfect, but it doesn't need anything, gets a crapload of attention and any rust you see is surface and can be deleted easily, though there isn't much. The fiberglass floor pans would blacken up nicely if I had a lift, but as the pictures state, they are a little dirty. I just couldn't reach them...
    Attached Images
    Last edited by Shark Pilot; 05-31-2016 at 02:14 PM.

Shark Pilot- check your PM and email; I sent a few questions through the PM here as well as trough your eBay ad. Thanks.

Update to Sale

Updates:

1./ I HAVE THE CT TITLE finally!
    2./ New left rear axle seal.
    3./ New transmission oil.
    4./ New stainless front grille with stainless hardware and properly installed stainless plate frame
    5./ New PJ Grady tail boards.
    6./ Cleaned and polished bottom of car.

Car still available though A LOT of activity on it. Car is now officially pristine. Updated mileage is 17,850.

Engine Back.jpgGrille.jpgUnder 1.jpgUnder 2.jpgUnder 3.jpg

SALE PENDING. Please don't close thread since sale is not final, but a deposit has been collected. Working out final details.

SOLD. I am no longer a De Lorean owner

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2