FRAMING JOHN DELOREAN - ON VOD www.framingjohndeloreanfilm.com
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Electrifying the exterior??

My VIN:    07000

Electrifying the exterior??

I'm wondering of there's a way to have a small amount of voltage course through the body- specifically the front fenders and maybe the hood, as that seems to be where everyone wants to touch the car to see what stainless steel feels like. I just recently washed and cleaned up the car, took it out to La Jolla today for a wedding rehearsal by the beach, and parked in an area where there didn't seem to be a lot of foot traffic (by the art museum), and not too many cars, only to come back and find lots of cars nearby, and lots of greasy fingerprints.

If I could get 9 volts - just enough to give a small jolt, along with some kind of recorded verbal warning (and maybe a window sticker), that could work.

One of those purists you keep hearing about. sdg3205's Avatar

My VIN:    thirty two 'o five

Club(s):   (PNDC)

Believe it or not we have talked about this. I think we concluded it was a liability disaster waiting to happen. All you need is one guy with a pacemaker to touch an electric panel.
    Dave

Here, somewhere.

My VIN:    2743

Club(s):   (SEDOC) (DCH) (DCUK) (DOC-UK)

Just rub the fender really hard with a piece of carpet until you build up enough static in it

Only good for one "toucher" though.
    Dermot
    VIN 2743, B/A, Frame 2227, engine 2320

I don't always drive cars, but when I do, I prefer DeLoreans

http://www.will-to-live.org

No-one is to stone anyone, even, and I want to make this absolutely clear, even if they do say "carburetor"

My VIN:    6585

This reminds me of a story I read several years ago on Something Awful if memory serves. Guy was recounting about how his dad wired up a second ignition coil to the bumper of his car to shock any kids that grabbed onto it as he drove by to go sliding around in the snow.

Anyway, a hot panel is enough to deter most people once they get burned. And there really isn't anyone to blame but themselves, and people will accept that. Electrocute them though? You're still going to have finger prints, and now maybe someone denting your car out of anger.

Kinda like how I joke with my wife whenever I go hunting for Hot Wheels, or BTTF is on TV, I'll tell her "You knew I owned a DeLorean when you married me, this is the life you chose." Same thing here: Fingerprints, dumb questions, and cocaine & flux capacitor jokes; This is the life we chose when we bought DeLoreans.
    Robert

People they come together, people they fall apart...

My VIN:    10322

Club(s):   (DMWC) (DCUK)

Solution found.

I couldn't find an example with an actual DeLorean.

Or fancy velvet rope.

Or actually I wonder if there is a proximity based beeper. "Beeper" being a technical term for beeping device.
    Attached Images
    http://www.artgemsjewelers.com/
    Fine Geek Jewelry.

If the above post was DeLorean related it should be noted that I don't know what I'm talking about.

Tumblr: Going88 || Instagram: Going.88

My VIN:    03572

I thought of this when car jacking was first showing up. It would not be hard to hook up a high voltage power supply (50,000 volts) like used in a stun gun. Then you would need a ground wire under your car to complete the circuit.

A little extreme to limit fingerprints but if your in a bad area of town it's something I would consider.
    Dave M vin 03572
    http://dm-eng.weebly.com/

My VIN:    6679

Excluding liability issues, the stainless panels each have a ground connection to the frame so you would need to isolate those first otherwise you'd fry the bejesus out of every electrical system in the car
    Chris

Builder of the first Delorean Time Machine

My VIN:    2072

Club(s):   (SEDOC) (DCUK)

One project I never got to finish: The "delerimen" - A theremin that uses two deloreans as the antennas. Someone with more time than me and two deloreans, make it happen!

Motors about after dark Michael's Avatar

My VIN:    Banged your VIN'S mom

http://dmctalk.org/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=90&dateline=161808992  9

My VIN:    07000

What 80's movie is that from?

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast