FRAMING JOHN DELOREAN - ON VOD www.framingjohndeloreanfilm.com
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread: Ground Location List

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by nullset View Post
    Where does the instrument cluster ground to?

GroundJunctionBehindACDuct2.jpg

Bill Robertson

Builder of the first Delorean Time Machine

My VIN:    2072

Club(s):   (SEDOC) (DCUK)

Quote Originally Posted by content22207 View Post
    GroundJunctionBehindACDuct2.jpg

Bill Robertson
    Thanks. Maybe now I can get 2930's instrument cluster working….

--buddy

My VIN:    3937

Can anyone confirm the stereo deck ground from my earlier post? My front speakers used to work, but of late they are not. Wouldn't doubt at all that when I had my console all apart, one of the wires might not be still connected where it i supposed to be.

Front speakers don't come on from any input; both rears come on with either FM/AM radio, or playing a cassette; only right rear speaker comes on when playing my iPod through a cassette/headphone jack adapter.

Sept. 81, auto, black interior

Banned

Speakers aren't grounded directly to the chassis. Doing that creates all sorts of feedback and noise. Speakers are grounded through additional circuitry inside the radio (thermistors?), then to the chassis.

The stock DeLorean wiring harness connector gangs all four speaker grounds together before sending them back into the unit on a single wire.

Bill Robertson

My VIN:    1968

Quote Originally Posted by Ron View Post
    This is a collection of posts listing ground locations/information.
    [...]
    There's a pair behind the rear parcel shelf wall.
    [...]
    Ron, do you have more info on these? Do I have to remove the rear parcel shelf wall to get to them? How? What do they tie to?

Thanks!
    Alex

Not really, Al, sorry....I think one may be next to/part of the bulkhead connector assy (inside right pontoon). (I can't even tell you who originally posted that to ask - I just built the list as I came across info.)

Not really, Al, sorry....I think one may be next to/part of the bulkhead connector assy (inside right pontoon). (I can't even tell you who originally posted that to ask - I just built the list as I came across info.)
    So what's in the right pontoon? I see the harness going that direction from the relay compartment. Is it just the back of the sockets, or is there more to it? Do the ground and positive bolts by the bulkhead connectors hook up to something behind the wall, or is it just what is visible in the engine bay?

Thanks Ron!
    Alex

Yeah, the pontoon is what all of the bulkhead connectors poke through...and the (+) jumper post...the big black fiberglass thingys that looks as if it could be the back side of a fender wells...kinda ;-) I haven't had to mess with that area. I assume the grounds for most of the bulkhead connectors join up and run back into the passenger compartment looking at Bills Ground Bus work.

What are you working on?

Yeah, the pontoon is what all of the bulkhead connectors poke through...and the (+) jumper post...the big black fiberglass thingys that looks as if it could be the back side of a fender wells...kinda ;-) I haven't had to mess with that area. I assume the grounds for most of the bulkhead connectors join up and run back into the passenger compartment looking at Bills Ground Bus work.

What are you working on?
    I'm trying to do something similar to Bill's ground bus. The idea appeals to me, and since I have most of my interior taken apart right now, this seems like the right time. I guess there's no way to get into the pontoons, so hopefully there's nothing to see there. I will have to drill a hole through the firewall (gasp!) if I want to run a ground wire there.

You can get into the pontoons if you remove the board...I'm just not sure that is what he was talking about.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast