FRAMING JOHN DELOREAN - ON VOD www.framingjohndeloreanfilm.com

Thread: Connolly32

VIN 1527

My VIN:    1527

Connolly32

Have to bite the bullet- need to change engine--looking for shop near Daytona Beach Fl. or San Luis Obispo Ca.
    To old to do it myself. What engine would you use
    HELP

My VIN:    5835

Club(s):   (LINY-DMC) (DCUK)

GM 3800 SC series 2
    Lou and "Boo"- The man you love to hate.
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    "Boo" VIN 5835
    Born October 1981 - Brought back to life December 2011
    "Fastest naturally aspirated PRV" Delorean
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    "Blue" - 1985 Fiero GT
    3800sc series 2

My VIN:    05457

I'm no expert on engine swaps, but it may help those who are make a better recommendation if you provide more details on what you want out of the engine. For instance, you may want to rank criteria such as:

• Horsepower
    • Ease of maintenance by average local mechanic
    • Physical size (how cramped will the engine compartment be)
    • Must work with stock tranny
    • Compatibility with existing systems (electrical sensors, fuel delivery, etc)
    • Weight (do you care if your car is more or less back heavy than it is today?)

I'm sure there are countless other things to consider, but I wouldn't know. In short, what are you looking for in a replacement engine?
    David Proehl

My VIN:    01643

Club(s):   (DCF) (DCO) (DCUK)

If you're not planning to do a swap by yourself, I'd be a little wary about leaving it in the hands of a shop to do a swap on. There aren't a lot of shops that will actually take on a full engine swap. Ed G. at SEO Motorsports was about the only place I know of but he's currently closed his doors. He is about the only place I would have trusted since he was already very familiar with DeLoreans.

In the last 4 years I've had more than half a dozen performance shops around the country contact me, telling me they were planning an engine swap in a DeLorean, and asking for pointers and information. I've yet to see or hear of a single one be completed, or even hear of one starting.

You may want to start a dialog with Josh at DPI. With him, location isn't really an issue since he has been known to pick cars up all over the country.

If you really do have your heart set on an engine swap, then I agree with David; start by answering the questions on his list above^^^

My VIN:    #1283

Club(s):   (SCDC) (DCUK)

Well, I'm very glad to have snuck under Ed G and SEO Motorsports' wire. My engine swap project is going very well and we are now set for dyno testing, final sign-off and pick up on Feb. 27. As much as I want to promote Ed's work I have also heard that there are several others in line even though the company no longer exists (!). But, hey, anyone can be talked out of retirement... :

http://deloreanvr6conversion.blogspot.com/

Henrik

VIN 1527

Thanks, Boo, David, Nicholas and Henrik.
    My days of working on autos are over except for tinkering as I hit the 3/4 of a century mark in age.

Ease of maintenance by average local mechanic
    If I could keep the tranny I would be happy
    no need for speed or huge HP
    Just want to KISS--"-keep it simple stupid"

again thanks guy's

President, DeLorean Industries

My VIN:    5646,5080, 5880, 10234, 3639, 2518, 10586, 1538

Afternoon Connolly,

Our factory SPEC engine replacements are in stock ready to ship within 24 hours of purchase. Fully blue printed engines exceeding factory specification tolerances. We have recently revamped our process and purchased required materials and refinishing services in bulk to reduce the cost of this option. Currently priced at 4895.00 and is the most in-depth/affordable option on the market. factory spec.jpg

We are currently producing on average 3-4 units a week. (another two pictured going out today below)

My VIN:    05457

Quote Originally Posted by DPI JOSH View Post
    Afternoon Connolly,

Our factory SPEC engine replacements are in stock ready to ship within 24 hours of purchase. Fully blue printed engines exceeding factory specification tolerances. We have recently revamped our process and purchased required materials and refinishing services in bulk to reduce the cost of this option. Currently priced at 4895.00 and is the most in-depth/affordable option on the market. factory spec.jpg

We are currently producing on average 3-4 units a week. (another two pictured going out today below)
    I may have missed a big announcement earlier, but are you now reproducing PRVs from scratch? Are these brand new PRVs, rebuilt NOS, or something else?
    David Proehl

President, DeLorean Industries

My VIN:    5646,5080, 5880, 10234, 3639, 2518, 10586, 1538

These are rebuilt units completely gone through exceeding factory tolerances and standards. We are making a number of other items as well that may have caused confusion.

VIN 1527

Quote Originally Posted by DavidProehl View Post
    I may have missed a big announcement earlier, but are you now reproducing PRVs from scratch? Are these brand new PRVs, rebuilt NOS, or something else?
    Thanks for the info, but if I change engines I will use something else.
    Thanks again----Bill