FRAMING JOHN DELOREAN - ON VOD www.framingjohndeloreanfilm.com
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3

Thread: New Injector fail

My VIN:    5625

I know this is an old thread, but was there ever a resolution?
    You can't buy happiness, but you can buy a DeLorean and that's sort of the same thing....

My VIN:    2567 (Sold)

Quote Originally Posted by Trstno1 View Post
    I know this is an old thread, but was there ever a resolution?
    Car runs sort of ok for now and I haven't had any time to hook up my pressure test. But I am having some mild case of hot start so I think it is related.
    I am currently sorting out LCA and brake line issues so I need to address them first then fuel.
    I will let you know

My VIN:    5625

Quote Originally Posted by Ryan S. View Post
    Here are some photos of my second one. eBay one is in the car and now car runs worse than before. First one and my other spares were sent for cleaning. If I can salvage a couple from their, I would be happy.

For some reason, in this photo, injector looks brown but actual color is dark gray. Amazon and Delorean vendor injectors have copper color tips. eBay one's tip was same color as body, similar to my other ones, all gray.

I cannot believe that all three brand new ones failed like that. Hard to believe that they were all Chinese knock offs. I have replaced injectors before and I don't think I did anything wrong or different than before.

Attachment 39035Attachment 39036Attachment 39037Attachment 39038Attachment 39039

What is the actual part number that was printed on the ones from Amazon and the Delorean Vendors?
    You can't buy happiness, but you can buy a DeLorean and that's sort of the same thing....

My VIN:    1494

Club(s):   (DMA)

Was the car ever stored for a long period of time or have a old fuel at one point? Just throwing this out there but maybe one of the little screens inside the distributor is plugged up, causing a bad spray on just one of the fuel lines. Also, if you can't remember the last time your fuel filter was replaced I would do that as well to potentially free up some of the pressure before adjusting the pressure shims.
    -----------------------------------------------------------------------
    Steve Cosgrove, Vin. 1494
    "I'm Kicking Through The Walls In My Mind..." - Goo Goo Dolls
    On-going Engine and Car Modifications: http://dmctalk.org/showthread.php?50...Engine-Upgrade

My VIN:    6585

Quote Originally Posted by Grover View Post
    Was the car ever stored for a long period of time or have a old fuel at one point? Just throwing this out there but maybe one of the little screens inside the distributor is plugged up, causing a bad spray on just one of the fuel lines. Also, if you can't remember the last time your fuel filter was replaced I would do that as well to potentially free up some of the pressure before adjusting the pressure shims.
    If there was a clogged screen on a fuel distributor, that would cause lower line pressure on an injector resulting in a lower flow rate, but not any sort of poor spray pattern once the pressure goes above the minimal to crack the injector(s).
    Robert

People they come together, people they fall apart...

My VIN:    1494

Club(s):   (DMA)

Quote Originally Posted by DMCVegas View Post
    If there was a clogged screen on a fuel distributor, that would cause lower line pressure on an injector resulting in a lower flow rate, but not any sort of poor spray pattern once the pressure goes above the minimal to crack the injector(s).
    Thanks, just throwing out some long shots..
    -----------------------------------------------------------------------
    Steve Cosgrove, Vin. 1494
    "I'm Kicking Through The Walls In My Mind..." - Goo Goo Dolls
    On-going Engine and Car Modifications: http://dmctalk.org/showthread.php?50...Engine-Upgrade

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3