Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Dead or Non-Op radios wanted

One of those purists you keep hearing about. sdg3205's Avatar

My VIN:    thirty two 'o five

Club(s):   (PNDC)

Dead or Non-Op radios wanted

I'm running out of spare parts for my refurb gig. I'm looking for radios that aren't in working condition. Even physically damaged units are acceptable to a degree.

If you have a Craig or an ASI that's too banged up for eBay, too good to throw in the trash but you'd like a couple bucks for it, shoot me a PM. I'm happy to pay a nominal fee for damaged radios to keep the refurb gig going a bit longer. You'd be helping to keep our radios in top running condition.

Cheers!
    Dave

Here, somewhere.

My VIN:    5312

Hey Dave, I have actually a working craig ill sell to you cheap. I'm in the process of moving atm. It powered on, but i couldn't test it because...well i didn't have a tape. I removed it when i bought the car to put my system in. Once i move i will gladly pm you!

Quote Originally Posted by Riley88 View Post
    Hey Dave, I have actually a working craig ill sell to you cheap. I'm in the process of moving atm. It powered on, but i couldn't test it because...well i didn't have a tape. I removed it when i bought the car to put my system in. Once i move i will gladly pm you!
    That would be great, keep me posted!
    Dave

Here, somewhere.

My VIN:    4941

Quote Originally Posted by sdg3205 View Post
    That would be great, keep me posted!
    Hi Dave
    My Craig radio needs repair...
    Can you help?

Depending on what it needs, yes probably. I'm out of potentiometer forks and LCD ribbons.
    Dave

Here, somewhere.

My VIN:    891, 1045

Club(s):   (DCF)

Let me know if you're interested in mine. The radio works fine but doesn't play tapes. The screen lights up with a bunch of dashes at the top and bottom but no numbers.
    -James . . . "Life without knowledge is death in disguise." ~ H.P.G.

craig list

Hi Dave
    I have 2 craig radios with a list of problems!
    Neither radio plays on the right speakers. In your experience, can you tell me if it is more likely that the car has a wiring problem, or that BOTH radios have a blown right channel?
    Also, neither radio will accept a cassette.
    Thanks a million...
    Charlie

My VIN:    <2000

Club(s):   (DCF)

Quote Originally Posted by cpistocco View Post
    Hi Dave
    I have 2 craig radios with a list of problems!
    Neither radio plays on the right speakers. In your experience, can you tell me if it is more likely that the car has a wiring problem, or that BOTH radios have a blown right channel?
    Also, neither radio will accept a cassette.
    Thanks a million...
    Charlie
    That's interesting, I seem to be developing the same issue. When I restored it, the right speakers worked fine. Gradually, the right rear speaker began to get faint. Now I get static on the whole side. The left side works great.

When it began happening, I chased the wires, and I noticed that the right rear wire moved into the metal flange area for the rear seat bolt when I had the seat out. Thus it got flattened a bit when I put the seat back in. It didn't break or damage the sheath, so I taped it to the tub out of the way. It didn't help.

I have yet to do further testing, but I figured that I have a wire issue. Now that I read this post, I'm not so sure.

I'm interested to see what your diagnosis is and whether a blown right channel is characteristic of the radio as it ages.
    Dana

Delorean status: CECF 2017 Platinum Award winner. Still tinkering...

Pictures and comments of my restoration journey are in the albums section on my profile.

Quote Originally Posted by DMC-81 View Post
    That's interesting, I seem to be developing the same issue. When I restored it, the right speakers worked fine. Gradually, the right rear speaker began to get faint. Now I get static on the whole side. The left side works great.

When it began happening, I chased the wires, and I noticed that the right rear wire moved into the metal flange area for the rear seat bolt when I had the seat out. Thus it got flattened a bit when I put the seat back in. It didn't break or damage the sheath, so I taped it to the tub out of the way. It didn't help.

I have yet to do further testing, but I figured that I have a wire issue. Now that I read this post, I'm not so sure.

I'm interested to see what your diagnosis is and whether a blown right channel is characteristic of the radio as it ages.
    I will keep you in the loop.

Quote Originally Posted by cpistocco View Post
    I will keep you in the loop.
    In my particular case, It seems to be the radio...

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast